1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anger?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lady Gaga, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I am wondering if anyone can help me with anger issues?

I don't have them bad enough where I get physical, but I do give attitude to everyone that says something I don't like the tiniest bit.

It's always been a problem, but I am wondering if anyone could help by telling me some ways to just..ignore what people said. I can't ignore what someone said if I didn't like it for the life in me.

@_@

It's very frustrating because all I end up doing is pushing people away. :frowning2:

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I've learned it ok to be angry, but you have to be abrgy at the right time and the right person.

3. Markio

What are some examples of the things people say that make you angry? Are there certain topics of discussion that make you angry? The way people are talking? Or during certain times of the day, like when you're busy or when you haven't eaten lunch yet?

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Some things that make me angry..hm..

When people say things bad about things I like a lot.
    When people preach wrong information.
    Ignorance.
    When people enter into the middle of a conversation, then criticize people that are in the conversation even though they know nothing.
    Cockiness
    People who take things too seriously

It's never during any time of the day, or when I am busy, or when I am hungry really. It's just..all the time.. D:

I just need to learn how to ignore things. ;_; but I can't. It bugs me so much to just..shut up.

5. VentinIntrovert

Anger is a natural process if life. You cannot ignore anger, but learn how to express it in a positive manner. In one of my stress management classes, we have learned various ways to relieve anger in a positive way. You can write a blog or diary, play competitive sports, scream into a pillow, listen to jazz, draw, there are endless possibilities. You will just have to find what works.

6. VentinIntrovert

Opps I forgot, one thing that really helps is a person that knows how to listen. Someone that can listen and understand what you have to say. When you get things off your chest, it's a wonderful feeling.

7. Mogget

I had horrible anger management problems when I was younger, and still struggle with it now. The important thing is to maintain control and learn when you need to exit a situation (even now I sometimes have to walk out of a room without comment to avoid saying or doing something I'll regret later). It's also a good idea to learn some relaxation techniques, if you're more relaxed overall the fits of anger will affect you less.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm well this explains it then....well I know Degrassi is a tv show but Riley on there took part in things like anger counseling, as well as yoga. I think yoga is a great benefit because it really helps relax you and helps your body too.

9. Markio

I agree with this. Ignoring anger is not the solution but rather channeling anger toward something proactive.

10. Eleanor Rigby

I know I can say stupid things when I feel angry (not only when I feel angry, by the way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), things I would just say to hurt the person in front of me.
    What I usualy do, since I realised that it is not the smater thing to be mean to people when I'm angry, is that I force myself to shut up and if necessary I go away to calm down.
    For exemple, lets say I'm having an argument with my husband about my parents (something that happens quite regularly). If he says something that really pisses me off, what usualy happens is that I think about the thing I would answer, and don't say it. I keep repeating myself, "If you say that, it's just going to make things worse and out of control. So bite your tongue."
    Forcing myself to close my eyes, and exhale slowly counting to 20 before answering anything helps too.
    And if I feel my anger is going to be out of control, I leave. I go and walk until I feel calm. Or I go to do some work, something that requires concentration to oblige myself to calm down.
    This might seems a bit akward : closing your eyes and counting to twenty before saying anything, or leaving and go for a walk in the middle of a conversation, but usualy it's better than letting anger taking control of you.
    If you think it's necessary, just say to the person you are talking to, "I feel too angry to speak about it now. I would like to calm down first".

If it's really bad, maybe you can try to talk to a counselor about your anger issues.
    Take care (*hug*)

11. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I shall do so. o:

I used to just breathe deeply before saying anything..but that lost its affect. :frowning2:
    Yoga does seem nice. I would like to do it..now I just need to find a way to do it for free. *looks at Youtube*
    Thank you so much o:

This is really helpful and I will try the things you mentioned. I will post back in a day or two to see if anything any of you suggested seems to be working. :slight_smile:

12. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I probably get my anger problems from my Dad who got them from his Dad. I honestly hate the city I live in 'cause every person around your age that you walk past on the street has to say something. EVERY person. It's the most frustration thing 'cause nobody actually does shit. Most of the time I'll just get into one of those close up stare-down pussy type things with people just cussing and yelling.

I know it's immature but I get so ridiculously unbelievably pissed off and frustrated.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

15. Markio

I also found this how to article. :slight_smile: Here