1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tooth Issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by factwithinfiction, Jul 20, 2010.

1. factwithinfiction

Hi, I've been having this issue whenever I'm brushing my teeth the part in between my gum and my actual tooth starts bleeding like crazy. It goes away after I finish brushing my teeth but this is quite a nuisance.

I know I should probably see a dentist about this but does anybody know why this is going on with me? Am I brushing too hard or not as much as I should? My teeth are perfectly white but its just that.

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

You probably have a small case of gingivitus.

If you go to the dentist they'll just tell you to rinse with mouthwash that has alcohol in it.

So, get some Listerine (that has alcohol) and rinse after you wake up and before you go to bed.

Also, floss.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had that too. Buy some strong antiseptic mouth wash. listerine, the yellow one thats tastes like crap is a good one. Rise after every meal and avoid sugar for a few days.

If it persists go to the doctor or dentist and they can prescribe something stronger.

Brush gently around that area, giving it time to heal.

Your mouth usually heals pretty quick so if after 2 weeks there is still no change then go to the doctor.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Oh, also, if you don't want to pay for the mouth wash (it's not that expensive), Salt-water will work just as well. Just don't swallow it.

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Adding onto what everyone else said, make sure that when you floss, you get up to the top of the tooth (it might hurt a bit at first, but eventually your gums get used to it). Hold the floss in a U shape around the tooth and glide it up and down.

Also, use a soft toothbrush and hold it at a 45 degree angle to your teeth. When brushing the back of the front teeth, hold the toothbrush as if you were placing the brush to the roof of your mouth.

#5 Swamp56, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
  6. Just Adam

also be sure to brush gums...in school they always told us to not brush gums just small circular brushing on teeth and it led to me having very very bad teeth as they got decay by the gum in all the gaps and so...still have bad bad teeth :frowning2:

but like all above mouth wash works wonders, don't know about floss not my thing ive enough trouble without cheese wiring my mouth haha..

but make sure you use a good brush personally i have 2 one harder one for the teeth designed to get in gaps and a softer one for the gums,

brushing gums will hurt to begin with and if they do its likely you have a degree of inflammation which by your case is a given so go slow its not about force but cleaning.

also making sure you brush has a tongue cleaner can be good as tongues gather a lot fo crap in them and your bound to run your tongue round your teeth so why bother brushign and cleaning your teeth just for your tongue to muck them up again with germs.

but above all see your dentist sure its painful and terrifying but in the end they help

oh and if like me the one thing you need above anything is lots and lots of pain meds.

take care X

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

No..don't brush the gums. That's why there is mouthwash and floss. Brushing the gums damages them and causes them to recede.

The reason it hurts to begin with then gradually gets less painful is because by brushing your gums your scraping away the top layer of nerve endings. That is also what causes the inflammation.

Also, you're more prone to an infection if you brush your gums because the bristles on the toothbrush create small cuts in your gums.

The only part of your gums that is safe to brush is the roof of your mouth.

8. Just Adam

dentists told me different.

they said the lack of cleaning caused build up of disease and such ...causing decay in the area between gum and tooth

you may be right i believe you about the nerve endings and i aint sure about recessed gums

but all i know is after brushing gums for a while they feel smaller they dont hurt when brushing and no blood...if i dont brush my gums for a while and start again they are more inflamed and hurt like mad when brushing..its due to yucky build up i think

think of it liek a cay the mouth wash being water in a hose...sure washing will get most grime off but dirt still gets ground in ruining your cars finish and you need a brush of sponge to help get them off..see. haha..

my own research shows its good to clean gums BUT use a very soft bristle brush !

mouth was is always essential tho :slight_smile:.

9. factwithinfiction

These are all good ideas!

I do the mouthwashing but the bottle I had prior to this was alcohol free. The bottle I have now has alcohol. Is there really a difference in taking it with alcohol than without? I'm not really a flossing type of person though. The bleeding isn't painful at all though it's just kind of annoying. I tried brushing my gums (because I have a smaller brush now) softly and it seemed to help a little but if it does decrease your enamel I don't think that's something I'd do everyday.

I've tried using I think Hydrogen Peroxide but I stopped recently just because. Does that help with anything besides bad breath?

10. Just Adam

well alcohol is an antiseptic and helps kill the little bugss...thats why you get a wound you can clense it with alcohol.

as for bleeding if your bleeding pain or not if its a lot stop. as if your cutting your gums and then eating it can lead to infection.

flossing some swear by i never did i thoguth it would do more harm than good
    as for brushing gums reducing enamel i cant see how enamel is the coting layer of the tooth. and if its helping then i say lightly slowly brush them with a soft brush every other day .

make sure your using the right toothpaste aswell ones for gum protection and sensitive teeth

the worst toothpaste you can buy is whitening toothpaste as that is costic and is pretty abrasive...its used to scrape away teh dull dirty layer off your teeth ...the layers of ground in crap after eating for years and years...but where it does whiten it does increase the wear of enamel :slight_smile:

1, so in summary alcohol based mouth wash..or usually the most expensive ...its costly for what you get but it really helps,
    2, right tooth paste and brush
    3, slow soft brushing let the brush and paste do teh work

4, if bleeding is regular even if painful GO TO DENTIST as its never a godo sign when bleeding and no pain, think of a cut on arm or leg its bleeding a lot but you cant feel anything :S can mean nerve damage :frowning2:

take care (*hug*)