1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Dental Dam

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ana T, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Ana T

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found a bunch of DIY ways to make a dental dam. And no, I wouldn't recommend using garbage bags. Can you say toxic? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyhow, the said tips reference using a non-lubricated condom. However, the free condoms I picked up happen to be lubricated. I was wondering: they say that if you fashion a dd from a latex glove, then you should wash and dry the resulting dd before use to remove the powder. Would that work if I made a dd from a lubricated condom?

Perhaps a stupid question, but I couldn't help but wonder...

2. xCrazyInsanity

I think you can use plastic wrap for this use, since you're not trying to prevent pregnancy just STD spread

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Lubricated condoms work just as well. The only reason people suggest using unlubricated condoms is because lube can taste like nasty chemicals. I would NOT suggest using plastic wrap as it not meant for safe sex play and you will open yourself up to the possibility of allowing viral infections though (which is mostly what you would be worried about if you felt you needed a dental dam, not so much bacterial infections).

But yes. Feel free to use the lubricated condoms. If only one side is lubricated, just face the lubricated side towards your partner so when you go down on her, you won't have to taste the lube.

:grin:

4. Ana T

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Numfarh!

5. titaniumCloset

Just wondering, I don't plan on sticking my face anywhere near a vagina...EVER...but what kind of STD's can you even get from something like that? What can you get from giving / receiving a BJ?