1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Likely to Develop Lymphoma?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my father currently has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and my mom got over Melanoma. Now my question is, if I have my laptop too close to my body, could it cause lymphoma due to the radiation? My mother constantly when she comes into my room says the laptop is too close to my body (which is really getting annoying) but I want to know if she is definitely right, or way off, and also want to know so I know myself. Any answers, or possible sources of proof would be appreciated.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have yet to hear of any suggestion that proximity to laptop screens (or any consumer-grade electrical item) can alter one's odds of contracting any sort of cancer. Unless somebody knows of some new study I don't know about, I'd say you're fine.

Lex

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I don't think that holding your laptop too close to you will cause you to develop lymphoma or Melanoma. For example, for Lymphoma the risk factors include age, the strength/weakness of your immune system, and infections.

I think you are going to be fine.

4. KaraBulut

The only concerns at this time are centered around wi-fi.... in laptops, cell phones and access points. But there's no consistent conclusion from the studies done on the issue.