1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staph infection I think.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by starfish, Jul 25, 2010.

1. starfish

So from time to time I get these things that pop up on my inner thigh or groin area. It starts as a lump then turns darkish red and are about the size of a dime. About 85% of the time they go away on their own. The other 15% they eventually pop and starts leaking blood and pus. Then takes a few days to heal up and it goes away.

This has been happening since I was 15. I've got on my leg that really hurts when I walk so I am going to go see a doctor about it. Mostly because I want to know what the hell it is.

I like to be informed when I go to the doctor so I know what questions to ask. I've been searching the internet and I have come to the conclusion that it is a staph infection. However I want to get some input.

2. KaraBulut

It does sound like staph- the same bacteria that accounts for acne, boils and other skin infections.

You should see a doctor. Given the recurrence of the infection, they may want to do a culture and perhaps put you on a weak antibiotic.