1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprained Baby Toe D:

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 2, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

Sooo I have really bad luck with my feet, i'm constantly hurting them in some way.

Yesterday night I sprained my toe--badly. it had hooked around one of the legs of a stool, and was jerked--hard.

Needless to say, it hurt like hell and I didnt go to work today. I went to bed and the next morning the toe was black and the surrounding skin was all bruised.

Since this morning its gone down to a dark red but I still cant walk on it, put on socks or shoes or do much of anything.

Usually how long does it take this sort of sprain to heal?

2. fringelunatic

I don't know, but I'd seek medical attention - it sounds worse than just a sprain. If it had gone black that would suggest there's been quite a bit of bleeding there. While my anatomy is pretty dire my physics would suggest that a bruise like that in a toe will take longer to recover too, since the blood doesn't drain upwards thanks to gravity (normally bruises migrate down your body). But seriously, it sounds really nasty. SEE A DOCTOR.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

That's either a really bad sprain or it's completely broken. That color means it's bleeding badly and you should go the the hospital now. I know it's bleeding because a jerking motion wouldn't cause just a normal bruise. A normal bruise is internal bleeding caused by blunt force trauma that stops itself very quickly. If it's black that means when you jerked you toe, it ripped some of the blood vessels in your toe open which normally need to be fixed surgically.

You might need surgery if it's that bad, it might just be appearing to be worse than it actually is. And the more you wait to go the hospital the worse it gets.

#3 Lady Gaga, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  4. Just Adam

my dads wife did that broke her toe :frowning2: the bruise may be hiding a break or fracture... please go to your dr :frowning2:

5. Miss Modular

Whenever I've broken a toe (which happens a lot), I just tape it to the next non broken toe so that it'll heal okay and it heals in 2 - 5 weeks. But my toes have never bruised that badly so you probably do want to go to a doctor to make sure it isn't worse than it looks. Hope it gets better soon!