1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H.I.V. Test

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by panda, Sep 17, 2007.

1. panda

I went and got an HIV test today.There's a clinic in Toronto that's called The Hassle Free Clinic. Totally anonymous ,first name only.It's not that I was really really concerned but some of the things I did when I was drinking were questionable.Test O.K.Mind relieved.At peace with the world:eusa_danc

2. Kibuki kid

The title scared the hell out of me!! Im glad your ok but dont scare us like that *panting*!!

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

good to know everything is ok

4. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Yeah i thougt it was aking for a place to get it done lol. Glad u came out ok =D. Use protection Mr!!! Too risky to go bare! Or anyother kind of way u can contract it body fluid like vaginal(not applying to u) blood,breast milk, sperm, and yeah lol becareful man!

5. abercrombieboi

yea hon no glove no love..lost many a senior due to that...

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

These anonymous testing clinics are great. The test won't be on your medical records etc so you don't have to tick that "Have you ever been tested for HIV/AIDS" box on life insurance forms and don't have to worry if anyone needs to access your medical records for any reason.

There are facilities like this in the UK too, usually a "GUM clinic" at the local hospital or via a "Gay men's health project" or other similar initiative by the NHS. They deal with other sexually transmitted diseases too.

I assume you are aware that you need to wait a few months after the "incident" before the HIV test is considered accurate. It takes a while for the virus to multiply enough to be reliably detected. I'm sure they would have explained this to you if the events that are causing you concern were too recent. Several years ago the waiting period was six months but that may have reduced now due to improvements in testing methods.

I'm really pleased you got a negative result. If you are careful now you should be fine. :slight_smile:

7. justjoshoh

This serves as a great reminder that those whom are sexually active should have a HIV test every six months. Some clinics are offering pain free tests that use a mouth swab (which means no needles) and the results are available in about ten minutes. As mentioned above, some of these same clinics offer anonymous testing.

8. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im pleased panda that every thing is ok also for you!!!

9. Kimi

There is/are place you can get tested for free in Japan but just not around where I live. I would take a test even I don't really need to tho:lol:

Anyways, glad to hear your test result was negative:slight_smile: