1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constipation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LivingInLyric, Aug 6, 2010.

1. LivingInLyric

Hey guys :slight_smile:

Lately I've been having problems...uh...going to the bathroom. I get frequent constipation and stomachaches. It's a bit of an issue because I'm trying to get my license, and I can't go out and drive when I'm always in pain.

My question is, do you have any remedies for this sort of thing? Any certain fiber-rich foods I can eat?

Thanks! :kiss:

2. prune juice, lettuce, water, spinach. stay away from coffee and strong teas, excessive meat, and excessive food in general.

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Increasing your fiber to the recommended dose of 25g per day should help. Also make sure that you are properly hydrated.

If you want to find foods rich in fiber, then look here. I had a similar issue and my NP had me increase fiber (by increasing fiber foods and taking Benefiber), hydrate myself more, and take Miralax.

4. Root

A bowl of oats with added bran and raisins for breakfast does wonders for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Lots of water too..

5. Just Adam

muesli..its yummy and makes you..you know.

6. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I would also let your doctor know that this is going on

7. Have you tried Fiber One bars? They taste like candy bars :slight_smile: if you're looking for something with fiber that's also yummy.

8. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Pomegranate juice is a natural laxative. I drink it to clear my system on the weekends.
    And you know, it's a lot more tasty that some rich fibre foods (I'm looking at you Branflakes...).

9. Just Adam

i had a mint addiction for abotu 5 years..i blame school days in class needing somethign to suck...no jokes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

...it helped >.>

10. KaraBulut

There are many sources of dietary fiber.

But the severity of the symptoms and its effect on your daily activities, it is time that you see your doctor. This is not typical constipation.

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    green apple are full of fiber, that doesn't work buy some metamucil it tastes like crap but it works. Try a cup of coffee this always works for me.

12. Mana

Castor oil...

Or you could try a bran mash. Mix the bran with boiling water until it has about the consistency of mashed potato. Add a pinch of salt, and limestone flour or sugarbeet for calcium, as it is low in calcium. Cover with a sack ad leave to cool, then feed.

(please dont actually take tthe bran mash advice as I learned it at my horse theory class. It could work for humans though... not sure about adding the sugarbeet though... )