1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleep

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My father has sleep apnea, and 2 of my first cousins have sleep apnea. Multiple people on my mom's family have sleep issues as well. So, unsurprisingly, I have formed issues with sleep as well.

My problem is that I can sleep for upwards of 12 hours without interruption. This occurs when I am not depressed. Typically I go through the day relatively tired, I snore loudly, and wake up with a very sore throat. I went for a sleep study, and the sleep technician said I have apnea when I sleep, although the results claim that I only suffer from "a lack of sleep" (since I had trouble falling asleep during the study).

It's getting to the point where it's interfering with my life, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I just want to be able to get restorative sleep for once.

2. Walolas

I had that issue for a while as well. I had mine solved by getting my tounsils removed. It has helped me a bit but I still have some other issues I gotta work with to get into a "normal" sleeping pattern. It depends on exactly what is happening but for me it was my tounsils were obstructing my airway slightly so i didnt get enough rem sleep (or something like that) so when they came out it was almost a perfect fix. Others however need more drastic changes or less but you gotta chat with your doctor about what you can do.