1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destressing

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TroubledRyan, Aug 7, 2010.

1. TroubledRyan

Okay, how do you do it?
    I know i get stressed esay which is why i shrug stuff off so esaly. But im and have been really tense latly nd its killing me. So how do i wind down?

2. Nomad187

I meditate, it may sound lame but it helps me destress alot. also writing everything in like just a feelings journal may help. just to get all your feelings out

3. Just Adam

i used to do free web hypnosis on line lol

now its a bottle of cider and masturbation haha.

4. VampConspiracy

I could try to destress, but the "funny" thing is that it comes right back. The only tried-and-true method is to talk to someone, but I get the opportunity to do so... um... not that often, and I'm afraid to initiate.

And NO, this forum does NOT COUNT.

5. TroubledRyan

Lmao i have a strong feeling this mite work!

6. Paper Heart

I usually do yoga. Its simple, flexes me out, and just all around relaxing.

7. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

What I do;

1) Eat junk (bad, I know, but it makes me happy LOL)

2) Sleep (get away from it as soon as possible by falling asleep and leaving the real world [and its troubles] behind for a few hours)

3) Bathe/Shower (Wash it away)

4) Do something artistic. Something I've done before is draw the object of my depression or stress and then massacre it artistically, such as scribble over it, slash it, or even burn it. It's rather cathartic.

8. Jaken 491

Jaken 491 Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel the same way. Like sometimes I'll be doing homework and i'll just start freaking out 0.o

I just exercise and listen to music. The exercise tires you out which makes it hard to overmuch to think and leaves you feeling good afterwards!

9. VampConspiracy

Exercise just tires me physically. Mentally and emotionally, I'm still stressed, and actually a bit moreso. It doesn't go away - most of it is plain lonliness that can only be helped with talking.

It gets so bad that I often cry for three hours straight, like I just did tonight. Actually, the tears are still flowing intermittently.

10. Iniquity

Many people have different methods. Mine is taking a walk while listening to music that reflects my mood. Usually then I'm able to get out of it and return to what I'm doing. Even though I don't have this luxury, talking to someone else usually helps so it's not kept inside all of the time.

11. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

The most relaxing thing for me to do is either:

1. Draw, paint, sketch. Sometimes this doesn't work though, because when I'm really upset all my creativity goes out the window. :/ I have to be stressed AND inspired to draw and feel better.
    2. Make music. The most relaxing thing for me to do is sing and play the piano. That ALWAYS ALWAYS makes me feel better. Then I can sing a soft beautiful song when I feel like I need a little calm and peace or I can literally pound out a real angry song and sing/scream my stress away.
    3. Nap. Usually a big part of why I'm stressed is the fact that I haven't had enough sleep, so I can't cope with whatever the problem is. Just taking the time to say, "Screw life, I'm taking some 'me' time and just laying down for a snooze."

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a good workout does it for me. Something that involves lots of jabs and quick movements. Try running.

If you have punching bag go to town. Grab a pillow and scream into it.