1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another question related to weight loss

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zume, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Zume

Well as of today I've lost 106 lbs since december of '08 and I've had a problem that I'd like to make sure isn't serious... Is it normal to have bad reactions such as upset stomach and diarrhea when eating anything with oil on it or sugar after cutting it out of your diet? I will have both from time to time like potatoes (not fast food..but has oil on them) or a couple of pepsi's (20 oz) and I get an upset stomach that makes me not want to eat for the rest of the day and sometimes extending into the next morning. I had one piece of cake at my niece's birthday party and immediately felt horrible.. but then again it had enough frosting on it to be labeled a health hazard... :dry:

I'm just making sure my body is telling me "There's no way in hell you are going back to that" rather than "Something's wrong"

If someone with experience on this could get back to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

2. Emberstone

when you cut something out of your diet, your body will not be used to it. it is normal, because your body does adapt. you likely will feel that way until it can grow accoustomed to certain foods again. it is just a matter of everything in moderation. I would limit yourself, because oils and sugers are fats and carbohydrates respectively, so the body has a tendacy to store those as fat deposits, and I assume you want to keep what you have lost off. just eat a little, because they are important to your diet regardless, and your body should be able to adapt in time without it making you sick, or without it upsetting your metabolisem, which is likely still working to adapt to the loss of weight.

3. Sylver

This is exactly what has happened to me. Since I've lost nearly 80 lbs I've become highly sensitized to foods that are high in sugar and fat (especially trans fats), and also processed (white flour) foods. They give me an upset stomach, almost guaranteed heartburn, and often serious stomach cramps.

I think it's pretty normal to react to these foods in this way. They are not what our human bodies were designed to eat in concentration.. if you switch to purely natural foods (like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat meats), you'd probably not experience these effects at all. And like emberstone says, try and limit them.. it'll help you keep all that weight off! ^_^

4. Mana

This is why if you want to change your horse's food (even just the brand) you have to do it gradually, to give the stomach a chance to get used to the new food.

So if you want to eat sugar again, you have to do it gradually... start with 1 grain (I dunno... but you get the idea... )