1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloodshot Eyes + Vision Issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I noticed yesterday that my eyes were becoming a bit bloodshot. Today they are very bloodshot, and it's rather noticeable. I've also been having issues losing my sight for a few seconds whenever I stand up (which has been going on for about a month).

I'm noticing that my eyes do feel a little irritated, but not excruciatingly.

Last week at my annual checkup, my physician said the vision issues were probably related to me being chronically dehydrated. I'm just wondering if that + the bloodshot eyes could be something else that is more serious.

#1 Swamp56, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  2. FreeSoul12

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm no doctor, but here are some of my thoughts:

Bloodshot Eyes

Possible Causes: Allergies (rose or hay fever, probably more hay fever though), lack of sleep, eye irritation (constant rubbing/touching the whites frequently), dehydration (as your doctor said and I didn't know about his one), staring at the computer/tv for too long

Vision Issues

Possible Causes: Getting up really quickly (not sure why this happens, but you should see black areas for a little after you get up)

I get the vision thing a lot so just get up more slowly if thats it.

Hope I helped!

3. paco

paco Guest

i'm pretty sure the vision loss comes from dehydration as well. carry a waterbottle around with you. i think you can probably pass out if it gets too much worse than that.

4. Derek the Wolf

If your vision fades when you stand up too quickly the biggest cause is low blood pressure. If you've lost weight recently or you've been exercising then that would definitely explain it. As your body adjusts your blood pressure should correct itself. As for dehydration, almost everyone is chronically dehydrated. Drinking more won't hurt.

5. Brideshead Boy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If it might be a dehydration problem, try taking coconut water every day, plus enough water to keep you hydrated. Coconut water contains plenty of electrolytes, and pure water will also keep you hydrated. See how you feel after a couple of weeks.

6. fringelunatic

I'm pretty sure "chronic dehydration" is a pretty serious condition.

7. Enaithor

I would assume that most of the time you have either normal or low blood pressure, because of the vision fail when you stand up.
    This is gonna sound ridiculous, but as you are very dehydrated, I would imagine that your faeces is difficult to pass. If it's too much of a strain, this will obviously cause lots of blood to go to your head, which often causes the eyes to become bloodshot

Just a theory