1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

depressed :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by 507bro, Aug 28, 2010.

1. 507bro

I'm depressed, I have no one to hang out with or talk to because all my friends left for college. I don't start community college till January because I signed up late. My parent work at night so I barley see the During the day. It just get so lonely in my house, I hate it.
    I really don't know what to do. Some times I want to break down and cry because I feel so lonely. I'm going to see a doctor next month and I don't know how to cope for that long.
    it started when I came home a week ago from visiting family for about a month. I just can't stand being in my house for about a week doing nothing but surfing the web and feeling depressed with no one to talk to. :help:

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Don't you talk to your friends online?

You can always get productive.. like hobbies? got any hobbies?

3. WanderingRabbit

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go see some live music. Find a nature trail somewhere. Vandalize something (without getting caught.) No point in being lonely and bored at the same time :eusa_danc

4. fringelunatic

:s I'd avoid the vandalism. Yeah, I live in the countryside, so I know the feeling, and talking to people online isn't nearly as good as mucking around in person. The hobby thing's probably a good idea though. I took up photography in a big way a few years back, and it really helps me through situations like that.
    At least there's light at the end of the tunnel, if you'll be moving to new pastures in a few months, but until then it might be a good idea to try and get a few new friends. It sounds silly, but it might help just to have someone to talk to.

5. Miss Modular

Hobbies are an awesome way to spend your time, and you could potentially make some new, local friends by doing so.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple simple suggestions.

1. See if you can get a part-time job somewhere.
    2. Find a place where you can volunteer. Having somebody relying on you is a great self-esteem booster.
    3. I'll third (or fourth) the hobby idea. And second the don't-vandalize one.

Lex

7. fringelunatic

As ever, Lex's suggestions look pretty sound. Plus, since you're going to college in four months the money you could make from a job could be useful to put yourself through it. That's certainly a practical way of finding new friends. I'm not very practical, so don't expect advice like that from me :wink:

8. 507bro

Well i just need someone to talk to right now. I have this heavy feeling in my chest and hate it.

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

come in chat :slight_smile:

10. fringelunatic

He's a regular member, so can't use chat. Well, I can only offer my sympathies in that case, sorry. I know where you're coming from - if it weren't for the excitement of going off to uni I'd be in that state right now.

11. KaraBulut

^^ QFT.

Depression seems to strike harder when you're idle and you aren't helping others.

12. Brideshead Boy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Like others have said, try and "get out of yourself" by giving to others. Find a way to volunteer your time. Karma is real, you know, and what you give out does come back to you. Try and find some sources online that will lead you to places where you can give back or help others.

Every Saturday my sister and I volunteer at an animal rescue adoption center. It feels really good to help another living creature find happiness.

Journal, visualize and imagine yourself in a loving environment every day. When you awake in the morning, take a deep breath, relax your body, and send a ray of gratitude throughout your entire body. It sounds a bit hooky, but it really starts your day of right. Say how grateful you are for your body, for your life, for this brand new day--living in gratitude is an amazing experience, and can attract positive experiences to you easily. Imagine yourself in a warming, bright light, comforted and at peace. Take this light with you throughout your day.

Be sure to be getting proper sun exposure when you awake, as well. Vitamin D has been shown to help fight depression, and when our eyes are exposed to light in the morning, our serotonin levels rise (our "feel good" hormones).

Exercise is an incredible health promoting tool as well, that has been shown to physically change parts of the brain, produce endorphins (more natural feel good hormones), and to prevent depression.

Same thing with diet. Treat your body right, as many of these aspects can have an impact on emotions.

-Brandon