1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by splattered, Sep 3, 2010.

1. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would really like to get tested for everything. I've had swollen lymph nodes and it really wouldn't hurt to get tested on a regular basis. I don't want to go to my towns health department because of the questions they ask about income. Whats the cheapest way to go about this without having a primary care physician? I've looked for other free testing in my town but can't find any and they would probably ask the same difficult questions. The media makes testing out to be the most normal and easiest thing in the world like on mtv the commercials that say get tested make it seem so simple.

2. Emberstone

patient/doctor confidentiality. Any information they collect is purely used anoynamusly for statistics used by health care to help understand statistics on health concerns, and also is like a mini census that helps the goverment know where more attention on health is needed. Any personal information is only kept for future treatmeant and testing records, and anything else reported is done with no personal information other than results.

it is basically the same if you go to a testing clinic, to if you go to your normal doctor.

3. KaraBulut

Planned Parenthood has special programs for LGBT people. Most people associate Planned Parenthood with birth control and reproductive services but Planned Parenthood offices in most cities in the US also offer STD testing programs and usually have programs directed toward gay and lesbian people.

If that doesn't work, contact your local HIV services organization and ask about clinics that offer testing programs. Most public health clinics offer free or reduced cost testing programs. They don't require financial screening unless you are going there for primary care services.

4. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning