1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restless legs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Bario, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Bario

Bario Guest

Not any sort of concern of mine, but I'm just curious.
    Is Restless Legs Syndrome hereditary? Because my Mum has it and I think I have it. It doesnt affect me much at all, I think that mine is much more mild than Mum's, but I'm just curious as to whether or not I may have it.
    Can it also affect other parts of the body? On occasion I get a similar uncomfortable sensation in my arms, and on very rare occasion I even have quite significant tremmors. In fact I'm having one now. (But this might just be overtiredness, I am very overtired right now actually.) Its no worry of mine or anything, but I am curious.

2. Stuie

I'm fairly certain it is. I know one of my double first cousins has it and I think I have it too. I know I move my legs violently when I sleep; I had a huge bruise from when I did it on a plane. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm not sure whether my parents have it, but yeah. :slight_smile:

3. Bario

Bario Guest

Im not entirely sure that that is restless legs, but I'm no expert on the subject. I also move around quite a lot in my sleep. My brother wakes me up in his sleep by slamming, what I assume to be his limbs into the wall. So it may be a part of restless legs syndrome. But RLS mainly causes insomnia, as opposed to being active during sleep. But again, I'm not an expert on the subject.