1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Latinokid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Um lately well for a while ive been feeling suicidal idk why just my life isnt what i want it to be and more. Sometimes i feel like im alone at school i try to have fun and all but theres no one who like i can be honest with with out a whole "OMG DID U HEAR?" thing and feel that ill never find someone who will love me.

Ty for reading just had to get that out

2. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I'm sorry you feel like that,just plz try to get the suicidal thoughts out for your head(*hug*) (*hug*)

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

plz don't. its not worth it.

4. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I don't wanna take over your board or not help you, but I'm feeling a bit the same way... so I cannot help much, but I'm sure someday you'll find someone you just gotta wait =D Just try to hang on and don't kill yourself please :[ Sorry I cannot help much...

5. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Suicide is such a final act that can't be undone. Once it happens, that is it, finished, nothing to change. But suicide doesn't only affect the person who performs it, it profoundly affects the people around that person. There remains great confusion as to the why, also great sorrow and grief. Most of all it leaves a hole in their hearts that never goes away or heals, but in time only becomes slightly bearable.

There are times in our young lives when situations or circumstances seem overwhelming or difficult to bear up to. It is during these times we can fail to see the whole picture and become consumed by that one period of time or situation that it is our entire world. It seems as it will never change or that you will never be happy again. This is not true but it appears that way. The one constant we can count on in life is change, all we need to do is to learn patience for it.

Most of what we hold as our attitude towards ourselves or certain facets of life are learned over time with those most closely associated with us, the most influencing being our parents. It is their pronouncements and actions taking on a daily basis that forms our basic core beliefs in time. We accept what is told us and it is often reinforced with actions we see taken. We ACCEPT them without question. In doing so, we might even deny our own feelings as being something completely different and thus set ourselves up for conflict between ourselves and what we have been taught. It may not be on a conscious level, but it can be there. Many times utterances of being stupid, a jerk, and worse are said and sometimes reinforced with physical actions. That is accepted as being who and what we are, while in truth it is very unlikely. But unless challenged, it remains as our truth.

Thus the emotional difficulty to see ourselves as loving and being lovable. We function but with dysfunction as our model. It leads to depression, feelings of worthlessness and we also have shame for ourselves and perhaps our immediate family. As the difficulty increases, so does emotional pain (or physical pain in a physically abusive situation) to the point where "to end it all" seems the only way out or a reasonable solution. It is not really.

At some point it is hoped (but not that often seen) we realize who our true self is, but in order to have that happen, all the false evidence appearing to be real has to be challenged and our true feelings about things come into being. We need first to learn our true feelings then we can think about what to do with them or how to express them. Not think about how you are suppose to feel or react to something, then let the emotions run wild.

In this manner, seek out counseling in school or with friends or a trusted family friend and work on what is happening with you and around you. There are solutions to all things and it takes some effort and persistence to achieve a different outcome. Work with someone to help. If possible, get counseling with a therapist for a period of time.

Do not think suicide will end everything as it will create a great deal of upheaval for those left behind and who knows what happens after you are gone from here. The most important thing to remember is you belong here and deserve to be here and to be as happy as you can be without harm to others. Give yourself a chance and so something to help you get that chance.

6. Jerr

I told you what I needed to already.

Other then that...

Listen to Mr. JayHew.

7. Zec24

For some of you this letter may be too much (as in too emotionally intense), and I know I cried when I was reading it, but it may help to read this mother's letter to her son after he committed suicide. It gives a great perspective on where the survivors of a suicide are left in the aftermath. Here is the link: http://www.youth-suicide.com/gay-bisexual/news/gay-suicide-mother.htm

Please do not make the decision to attempt suicide. Know that you are too important to others, even people you may not realize are taking note of and watching you. It is, as others have already pointed out a permanent decision/act (not a solution) to a problem that however permanent it may seem at the time will eventually work itself out, or you will work it out.

One of my new soldiers tried to commit suicide while under my care last summer during a period of intense training and indoctrination into the military. We got him to the counselor and then immediately up to the hospital for help. He was better after a couple weeks in the hospital but was obviously released from the military. While I was not involved in his care after we stopped the initial attempt, I do know that just being involved with that initial attempt was scary for me and his buddies. I can't even imagine what he was feeling when he had a chance to stop and realize what he could have done to himself.

Try to think of the impact your suicide would have on those around you. You may feel that no one seems to care about you or would miss you if you were gone, but trust me someone will. If to no one else, you mean something to this community (EC), there are so many kind and caring people here on EC willing to lend an ear or advice. Lean on these people, and maybe someday someone here can lean on you and make you feel glad for having helped them. You have to find a way to feel a sense of worth, and that may take time, but know that taking the time is well worth it.

8. GLDN

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    omg i be thinkin that stuff to but then like i try to imagine not living anymore, so yea...DONT THINK THAT!!!

9. neverover

dont do it. it doesnt mean that if u had no frenz in skool, u r no longer loved. the point of ppl going to skool is not frenz, but for knowledge. u should b focused more to ur study to distract this suicide feeling. mayb u ll be the next bill gates! who knows? go thru ur life, gorgeous! u kno ur worth it!

10. SpikySpice

Dont do it please Carlos, because im sure you'll miss lots of fun thing sin life if you die, those things may not happening yet, bvut that dosnet mean they dont exist!

You just stay strong, and learn to get over it,it is a comment thing for your age, you'll find out the ways soon

Havent you heard that suicide is showing weakness? I want you to be strong

11. pete92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It must be a terrible thought for you to have! It's not worth it. I'm sure things will come good for you. Please message me if you like.
    Peter.

12. Nicknikko

don't say that carlos! we all love you!
    i'm sure you'll find that someone someday!

13. young92

for latino kid and bvt
    don't do it!
    u two are really cool!
    and its not worth it, u only have on life to live!
    there will be hard times..but it'll get better

14. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    peter told me on the phone to day about this post becuase he wasnt at school because peter was sick today and wasnt on my bus. i was up set when i heard about it. dont think of suicide!!! talk it over with some one!!! every one he at EC likes you a lot!!!:kiss: (*hug*)

15. Louise

Even in your worst moments of loneliness, you are not alone. Sometimes things get so dark you can't see anything but that doesn't mean that your friends, family and EC are not there all around you.

Let the darkness pass we are all here to hug and cheer you on even if you can't always see us. (&&&)

16. Jim1454

I've been in that very dark and lonely place as well. Thankfully I had someone that I could turn to to talk about how I was feeling, and he helped me get the support that I needed. I know how scary a place it is. And if you feel alone, suicide might seem to be a 'solution'.

But there are other solutions. Talk to someone you trust about it. Talk to someone! You don't need to tell them why you feel the day you do - you might not know yourself. But talk to someone - please! These dark days will pass, and someone as bright and funny (and cute) as you will have many many bright days ahead of themselves!!!

We're all rooting for you! And we know how you feel! Some of us more than you'd ever guess. Been there, thought about it, don't want to go there again!