1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you guys do for those diet cravings?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by malachite, Sep 17, 2010.

1. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I've been on this diet and exercise plan for about 2 months now. Its going well, but I'm dying for some junk. I pizza, burgers, and fried chicken. I speed past the deli at Publix because they always seem to be putting out fresh fried chicken when I go by.

So, how you all help with those craving when you're trying to eat right?

2. starfish

I eat the pizza. I give my self one day a week where I can eat anything I want.

After a year and a half I don't really have much desire to eat the really bad stuff.

3. 8bit

I used to be really unhealthy with my eating habits.
    Whenever I wanted to devour a shit load of food, I would drink water, or eat something like fruit, or anything healthy really.
    As long as it makes you full, you wont want the junk anymore.

4. Eleanor Rigby

If I'm really craving for this kind of things, I cook them myself. With pizza for exemple, I can put a lot of vegetables on and go slow on cheese, cream and that sort of things. And I eat them with vegetables aside, so I'm eating less of them.

5. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

if your having a craving...get your fill on fruits and vegatables until you are full...like a nice big grilled chicken salad....or carrots an veggie dip...grapes..ect...

and for good diet...stay away from deep fried foods and all fast foods....eat a nice healthy homemade turkey sandwich (or other types of healthy meats)..eat fruits,veggies,grilled chicken, tuna (or any fish really)...and drink water instead of soda...fish oil supplement pills are good too along with a multi vitamin ...also try to eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3 larger meals...this will speed up your metabolism and you could actually loose weight from this...also exercise is good too..

6. KaraBulut

Simple- instead of fighting the craving, I just schedule a treat for myself daily. That way, I chose a reasonable treat instead of buying the chocolately super-sized thing sitting by the counter at every cash register in town.

7. HalfInsane

I tend to try to go for a somewhat healthy/smaller portion craving fix. So, say I'm craving chocolate, I'll have chocolate covered strawberries, rather than a huge slab of chocolate cake. For pizza, I'll go somewhere they sell single slices and go with the thin crust (I know, it's still pizza- but I can say from working at a pizza place that if you get thin crust it's literally halving the amount of dough you're eating, at least where I worked). Completely ignoring cravings tends to eventually lead you to giving into your craving and seriously overdoing it.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I just ignore it and play on the computer lol

9. Corny

Corny Guest

I am not on a diet, but try to look at what I eat. I usually do it as Kara described .. and also I found some things for the "munchies" that taste very good but are not "that bad" or even healthy.

- Salty sticks
    - red bell pepper with some kind of self-made yogurt dressing (plain yogurt, spices, a little bit of vinegar)
    - edamame
    apple crumble (with sweet apples, no pre-cooking and less sugar in the crumble than in most recipes)

.. look for something that you like :slight_smile:

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like Corny, I have a list of low-cal foods that I really do like. I like green pepper strips, no-sugar gelatin, and a 90-calorie snack pack of pizza-flavored Stix. (Not all at once.) If I feel I've been good enough, I'll give in to a craving, but keep it as small as possible. So if I wanted fried chicken, for instance, I'd buy a wing or a leg, take it home (to keep me from "going back for more") and eat it.

Lex

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish you good luck, but personally I think diets are just bad for you and do nothing really to help you, so I really can't give an idea of what to do about the cravings.

12. peaceandlies

i drink diet coke. it all goes away and gets replaced by one thing that doesnt hurt my diet.

13. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    I drink water throughout the day, and good portions at a time too. It helps me stay feeling full and less hungry.

14. Jim1454

NEVER go to the grocery store hungry!

Like others have said, I try to eat regularly and things that aren't too bad for me. And they don't have to be super lite either. I eat Premier Nutrition Protein Bars as a snack once (sometimes twice) a day. They are almost 300cal each. But that means I don't need to eat as much at lunch or dinner. It's working for me - as I'm still hovering at around the 185lb mark, having started out at 227lb in July 2009.

15. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I'm not on a diet, but to avoid things that I'm craving, like pop, I just completely ignore it. No matter how badly I want pop, I just ignore it, every time I go out. Pretty soon, I don't even notice I have a craving for it at all until I decide to get it again. It really works, at least for me.

Everyone else had really good ideas though lol.

16. Mana

You've gotta ride the hunger, go with it, don't give into temptation. Willpower :slight_smile:

Although occationally I have one of those "cba, want chocolate" moods where I'll just eat chocolate as a sort of lunch... but usually only when I'm out, so I'll be burning it straight off hopefully. Its nowhere near as bad as those sitting-in-front-of-the-telly-eating-cheese moments :/

That's a good point... how can I stop my random cravings for cheese? (not cheese and crackers or cheese sandwiches or cheesy stuff. Just cheese.)