1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wtf is this bump?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xCrazyInsanity, Sep 18, 2010.

1. xCrazyInsanity

I'd swear it was a little rash that's a little smaller than a dime.

But since when are rashes perfectly round?

Its on my chest (no, i do NOT THINK IT'S FUCKING CANCER, it wasn't there on Wednesday.)

I really can't think of any explination.

It doesn't hurt, it's just.. there.

Should i even be conserend?

2. GhostDog

How long has it actually been there?

Bug bites tend to be round. And I seem to recall having mosquito bites that take a while to itch, but that may just be me. Maybe it's a bug bite? You could try putting some antihistamine cream on it and see if it goes away.

I'd personally only worry about it if it gets bigger or doesn't go away.

3. xCrazyInsanity

I really don't know , actually. I noticed it today, it wasn't there mid week, so I guess the past few days?
    doubt it's a bug bite, just becaue those tend to itch the second their bumped (and, clothes go there? it would be getting irritated)

my first thought was having an odd reaction, but that would be in more of a band, or in a different place at least. =\

#3 xCrazyInsanity, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  4. peaceandlies

wait a few weeks. if it doesnt go, i doubt its cancer, but get it checked out anyway

5. HalfInsane

It's probably nothing... is there any kind of lump/mark in the center? If it were a bug bite there would be. Maybe really mild hives? You can actually get hives and only have a spot or two appear on one part of you with no other symptoms.

If it gets bigger, doesn't go away, or turns some freaky colour then worry. Otherwise I wouldn't concern myself over it.

6. Bario

Bario Guest

It may just be an allergen that has gotten just barely under the skin, say if you had a tiny scrath, and something that irritates your skin got in. It happens to me all the time, of course I'm allergic to everything under the sun, so it happens more often. But it doesnt usually itch unless you scratch it. Try some sort of antihistamine, it should go away.
    It may be a mole, of some sort at least. How big was it? My silly little Australian currency system doesnt involve dimes, so I have no size reference. I have a very flat, and very pink mole on my chest, it isnt very big, and it doesnt interfere with anything. But moles dont usually tend to pop up over night, do they.
    Unless it starts shooting lasers, I dont think you have much to worry about.

7. xCrazyInsanity

lol you realize i put that in because some people go "omg cancer" to everything, right?

No, there isn't.

i didn't know that was possible though. Little hives :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

a dime is ~17.91 mm (0.705 in)

i don't think moles pop up suddenly, or are pink and look almost dry. =\