1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tap vs. Bottled Water

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jerr, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Jerr

This is an article out of a magazine I got. It's the Premier Issue of Natural Awakenings Healthy Living. (Central Arkansas Edition)

It's all about the saving the planet and being healthy so... obviosly I wasn't too keen on what was going to be in it but I found this article on Tap vs Bottle Water and I thought it should be on here because well... yeah. lol It is about Health and sense we told someone who was wishing to lose weight that water was a good help and such... it fits.

By the way... This will take me a long time to type so I hope at least 2.57 people care... (Yes .57 of a person should care!) lol Here it is:

2. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Bottled water should not be drunk casually because of the extreme waste it creates. However, in cases such as sporting events, bottled water is needed to keep hydrated, so I guess it's acceptable.

3. Jerr

I use to play baseball and we didn't use bottled waters... we had a big thing of water. Like a 5 gallon thing with a tap... As for football (American) in high school they have a water thing for them.

For professionals... usually they get Gatoraid or the equivalent.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for typing that out Jerr. It was interesting. I don't have a water filter so I drink bottled water. I do get the gallon jugs so I'm not creating as much waste and I've been freezing the empties and storing in my freezer just in case of emergency. I'm sure my freezer is going to be full soon. I wish we had recycling in my small town but we don't. Has anybody read The Hidden Message in Water? This study of water was featured in the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know". This is quite an interesting little book. Here is a book description

The Hidden Messages in Water is an eye-opening theory showing how water is deeply connected to people's individual and collective consciousness. Drawing from his own research, scientific researcher, healer, and popular lecturer Dr. Masaru Emoto describes the ability of water to absorb, hold, and even retransmit human feelings and emotions. Using high-speed photography, he found that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward it. Music, visual images, words written on paper, and photographs also have an impact on the crystal structure. Emoto theorizes that since water has the ability to receive a wide range of frequencies, it can also reflect the universe in this manner. He found that water from clear springs and water exposed to loving words shows brilliant, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns, while polluted water and water exposed to negative thoughts forms incomplete, asymmetrical patterns with dull colors. Emoto believes that since people are 70 percent water, and the Earth is 70 percent water, we can heal our planet and ourselves by consciously expressing love and goodwill.

5. Jerr

Mrs. Becky is amazing! lol

That took soo long for me to type... and hyper link and italicize and bold and font size... It is as close to the magazine as I could type it.

We don't have any special filter in our house... just city water that runs through the tap. I drink it everyday. At least a half a gallon.

In Hot Springs they have a place were you can go get spring water. A lot of people take their empty jugs and go there for refill. I've never had it... I should try it. (I wouldn't make it a habit because that is down town and I almost live in another town. lol)

6. surfrboykai

at home i drink tap. but like, at work, since i work for slavegreens, i drink fiji water. partly because it supports my peoples (my polynesian side, anyways) and like, mostly because, for some reason, it just tastes better

7. Jerr

My friend use to drink that all the time!...

Wait no she didn't drink it... Her boyfriend did. She said it was too expensive and pointless to keep buying it so she saved a couple of his bottles and just refilled them so she would have the bottled water without waisting her money. lol

The water looked a lot prettier in the bottle.

8. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Luckily we don't have a community water supply. We have a well that has punched into a stream that is about 10' wide and 5 1/2 feet deep and lays under a layer of 22 feet of clay. The water is crystal clear and has a great taste. Comes out of the ground at 34 degrees F year around. Loaded with minerals, yet doesn't clog things up much. I wouldn't trade it for the world and it as been tested for bacteria and metals, all is good.

But what is said above concerning the bottled water is true. Don't use it unless we get caught flat footed somewhere, but that is rare. We take what we need with us.

9. TriBi

And - bear in mind that you might not always be getting what you think...
    A few years ago I travelled in East Africa. I read a report (in a very well known travel guide) that there were 78 brands of bottled water available in Nairobi.

I was highly amused when it went on to mention that someone had taken the trouble to test all of them - and 75 of the 78 were nothing more than Nairobi tap water...:grin:

Oh - and on the subject of Fiji water:
    http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/biz2/0701/gallery.101dumbest_2007/20.html

...and (sorry Kai) but the company has also now been bought by an American billionaire couple...
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/Business...i-Water-for-63m/2004/11/29/1101577419156.html

10. cutegayjessie

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i just drink anything cold lol

11. Kimi

Well, I have to say the water in southern states are so bad!! I definitely avoided raw water while I was living in Alabama and went to other southern states like Florida(Water in Florida was so bad) So it was kinda must to drink bottled water.

And I don't think it's bad thing to drink bottled water. The problem is that in America there is not a strick law about recycling!! I was shocked when I moved to America that there are no law about separating garbages to types. It is against law to put light bulb and food in one bag or newspaper and broken glass or empty plastic bottles in Japan and I know some other countries are the same like Germany.

If there were law about recycling in America and people follow the law it wouldn't be a big problems.

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

At home I drink tap water, which is fine.

At work we are out in the country and the tap water is not so good (it doesn't taste very good anyway, and occasionally has bits of something floating in it) so we have a water cooler with the big bottles of water. It also supplies hot water for tea and coffee, so they taste a lot better than boiling tap water - plus there is no messing around wasting time with a kettle.

At least with water coolers there is (I assume) less waste as the bottles go back for cleaning and refilling. Ours apparently contain spring water from Shropshire, so it is only transported from the next county.

13. davo-man

I pretty much strictly only drink tap water, because I really dislike the taste of bottled water. Plus, at home we have a PuraTap filter, which makes it taste even better. The only exception is when I go to work and I forget to bring a bottle of water, in which case I buy the cheap as brand, drink the water in that as quick as I can and then refill it with water from my works tap, which is filtered and refrigerated, which is awesome!!! And any time I do buy a bottle, I take it home, and use it when I go to work/go to school etc.

14. Jerr

Blasphemy! I live in Arkansas and I think the taste of tap is fine. lol

One of my favorite bottled waters was Mountain Valley.... IF and only IF we had frozen the bottle and I was drinking it as the water melted. Best water ever.

I actually like it when my water is that cold. I have a half gallon cup at home and I fill it to the top in ice then I put water in it and a straw... I'll wait a bit and push it around with the straw then drink it all. lol then drink the water as it melts... and I pick out some ice and chew it. lol

I'm an Ice Chewer... lol

15. Grof142007

Well that was an Interesting Read

16. Nicknikko

i feel guilty now i drink like 5 bottles of water per day ...

17. Jerr

Just... refill your bottle. lol

18. Nicknikko

LMAO! HAHA well that's a good idea but tap water does taste kind of gross : (

19. Jim1454

We have great tap water where I live. I would never think of drinking bottled water at home. I like to have it cold though, so I do use a Britta jug with a filter and keep it in the fridge.

If I'm out, I'll have a bottle of water. At the office though I just refill a bottle that I've let dry out on it's side with the cap off.

20. surfrboykai

yah, i love ice cold water. i drink a lot though