1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uneasy question

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dude100a, Sep 28, 2007.

1. dude100a

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi

About 3 weeks ago noticed some red spots (almost like small little pimples) on the head of my penis. No discharge - no pain - no smell - just mild itchyness. I did some research on the internet and came to the conclusion it might be balanitis. Not all the pics look the same but one cought my eyes - bingo (I thougth). As a recommendation I got some ointment - and it vanished. I stopped and it reappeared. - on another spot and only 3 of them. I was scared shittles when I saw them again. I re applied the cortisone and again it went away - stop the cortisone and it is gone for 3 days now.

I went to my GP today - told him about it and he did not even bother to take a look - no tests, nothing. He gave me some lame explenation (cant even remember what he said - I was to embarresed talking about it) said he THINK it was no STD etc etc.

And that after I told him I have paid for a BJ.

So if anybody can tell me (please doc!!) what your feeling is about this I would realy appreciate it. Peaple with the same problem - please contact me. I dont know if it is going to appear again and it is ruining my life! I know I made a mistake - but it is getting to my nerves big time.

2. paul7836

I remember having such a spot for a bit. It just went away after a while. (I was sorta scared to admit it) Anyway, I dont think you have anything to worry about, but im not a doctor.

3. Kimi

Are they on tip of your penis? Or on the middle from the top or around your bottom of penis? Because I think it can be nothing depends on where they were.

And getting some disease from bj is possible but unless you had a scratch or cut on where she/he licked I wouldn't worry that much. And the person who gave you a bj might not have any disease at all.

But since I'm not a doctor, wait till our doctor(JayHew) to come(*hug*) (*hug*)

4. dude100a

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    It is sort of on the top in the middle of the head (when you look down) While it is gone for now, it looks to me if there are some 'bumps' under the skin of the head. Maybe it was there all along - I just never look so intensive at my penis as lately.

5. pete92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  6. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

You might be right about it being balanitis and some of the causes are fungal infections, reactions to chemicals, bacterial infections, etc. That it has gone away with the application of the steroid cream seems to indicate that it is a reaction to something chemical (?). Any changes in laundry detergent, new body soaps, etc.

You don't mention whether or not you are circumcised, but the condition can be more problematic if uncircumcised. Also if it was balanitis and if this continues, you should have other things checked out, especially the possibility of Diabetes, herpes, Chlamydia to name a few.

As for spots or bumps under the skin of the glans and various areas of the penis, it is pretty much normal. The skin is thin and sebaceous glands are easier to note. Not much to worry about.

Overall, I feel you are ok and have a reaction to something. Again, see if there is a correlation to adding new soaps or using a new product lately.

Hope this helps. My best to you.

Needed to add this: Do not use the cortisone cream for a long time or frequently as it will cause thinning of the skin (pretty thin as is) and could cause further problems from that. Ok to use for a few days, but if needed again, make sure there are a few days in between. It is only with overuse frequently that the skin thinning becomes a problem.

7. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my small white bumps are still there but you can hardly see them now. they never were itching and now i dont even think about them. im not worried any more about them. i have a photo of them when i first got them and they are even smaller now than in the photo. maybe they will go right away soon???

8. JSG

JSG Guest

The only advice I can give you is go see another GP !!!
    "he did not even bother to take a look"
    I mean please !!! Even a mechanic needs to take look to see what the problem is.

9. dude100a

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you so much every body for your replies. Thanks doc for the medical advise. I think the fact that I am uncircumcised made things worse in spite of the fact that I am a hygiene freak.
    If (and I hope never) this outbreak happens again – I sure will know where to turn to.
    Thanks a million guys.

:thumbsup: