1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick and Not Getting Better

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Foxed, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Foxed

I need some suggestions on getting better, and what I may have.

Day One: Runny Nose, Slight Headache, nothing serious, i planned to sleep it off.

Day Two: I wake up, ten times worse. Runny AND clogged nose, large headache, a sore throat with a bit off a cough. I take some Contact(tm) medication, twice, helps a tiny bit. I progress later in the day to a horrid cough, with random coughing fits, where i can't cough anything up, so it hurts more, especially my lower ribcage. I end up taking a dose of Robitussin, but all that did is stop the coughing fits, still couldnt cough anything up though.

I hook up the vaporizer, and have it going in my room to make it nice and warm for me, etc. I also use this thing that you plug into the wall, which apperently has a similar effect as Vick's Vapor Rub thinger, which i had tried a couple times.

Throughout this day, I have been taking Vit. Cs, to help out a tiny bit.

I manage to fall asleep, eventually.

Day Three (Today, Sunday): I wake up, runny/clogged nose is mostly gone, limited headache, limited sore throat (Still coughing but am coughing things up,with a bit of pain, not much though), but now i seem to have an ear infection in my right ear. Still taking some Vit. C's, and drinking some orange juice, and have eaten two oranges, and some Ritz cracker/cheese sandwiches thingers. Headache seems to be picking up a little bit as I type this.

I have not had any flu shots for a while, my family believes it's better to have them fight back themselves for the most part, unless it becomes serious. (Common cold like things? PSHAW!)

What other actions should I try to improve my wellness?

What kind of food should I eat? What kinds of food should I really, really avoid?

If it doesnt get better soon, on Tuesday im going to the walk-in clinic, though I really do not want to, since my last experience with the hospital left me with four rectal exams, a intrusive tube times three, and lots and lots of pain. So, really hate hospitals now.

2. KaraBulut

Unless you're running a fever, this sounds pretty much like the typical cold/upper respiratory infection. It's viral, so there's not much that can be done other than treat the symptoms.

You should eat normal meals. Drink plenty of fluids- water is preferred but sometimes sodas can be soothing to the throat if it's not too sore.

Sleep as much as you want but try to sit and walk around as much as you can since this will help your sinuses and ears drain. Take an over the counter decongestant and cough syrup during the day. You can take an over-the-counter nighttime cold medicine at night to help you sleep.

If your ears don't clear after you start feeling better, you should check in with your doctor to ensure that you don't have a secondary ear infection. Otherwise, these things tend to run their course after 3-5 days.

3. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Another thing that might help is homemade chicken soup no joke there is something in it and they(the mad scientist)cant figure it out

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Or simple yet effectve, fresh garlic and ginger, seriously my bro , was sick he ate it within a day he was better.. BUT its hard eat lol

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds like a cold. Unless your fever spikes you'll just have to wait it out. Drink lots of fluids. I find hot tea with honey and lemon helps. Honey is a natural antiseptic and lemon can get you your vitamin C.

Eat steady meals, that whole feed a fever starve a cold thing is bogus, you should always eat, even if its just a little.

Hope you feel better soon