1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Falling Apart

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lady Gaga, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Well, basically, this is the 5th thing about my health I have posted here. Oh the joy.

I keep getting a random stabbing pain on the far left side of my chest, on the side of my man-boob.

I was curious what this could be? My doctor said to wait it out (since it's on the left, it's not cardiovascular) but I am curious what..anyone who might know can say what might be causing it?

The reason I am asking because if it might be an environmental cause that I have no knowledge of, I can cut things out of my daily life to see what helps.

And if it is anything important, for the past two-or-so weeks I have had this fuzzy feeling in the center of my chest when I breath.

I only just noticed it a few hours ago, after leaving the dentist. Hurray for needing a filling and having one spot I need to watch! WOO! >_<

2. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It happens to me as well. Its just stress. I have been to the doctors. Got all the test done and tried all sorts of medication.
    Stop taking stress and it will go away.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I'm not stressed at all though. o.o

4. RedState

Ahhhh....I see my Voodoo Doll is working.

That was a joke, just kidding.

I'm always overly paranoid when it comes to issues of the heart...nowadays, it doesn't matter of you are 16 or 60 heart problems can pop up at any age.

I always thought that symptoms of anything cardiovascular were on you left side, and not your right. You always hear of people that have heart-related problems (i.e. heart attacks) that they always complained of a pain running down their left arm and such. Which is why I don't understand the statement by your doctor.

A "fuzzy feeling" in the center of your chest with you breath? I don't know, it could just be a little congestion. I would think that as long as you don't feel un-natural pressure, or a tightening or squeezing in the center of your chest I would say that it is probably nothing. But anything that always seems a little out of the ordinary when it comes to heart always scares the shit out of me.

If it persists, I would def. have it looked into again...I don't know how long it has been since you have had a complete physical, but you may want to request one if it has been a while.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The title of your thread made me think you were a leper.

But this has happened to me before too, the "fuzzy feeling" you mention, although I never went to a doctor about it. It went away on it's own - once I cleaned up some mold that I found near my window which is what I deduced to be the cause of the initial problem.

6. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is what i thought! But, I was! " 90% of problems in the human body are stress related and it has to come out in some form"(- DR DORK) and this is probably, how it's coming out in your case as well. I mean, come on! Think that it's just stress! Why do you have to have something fancy ?!

AGREE WITH ME! (!)

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

The fuzzy feeling is still here, and now I am getting grip-like sinking-motion pains (and back pains parallel to it) in the exact same area. Whenever those pains happen, I get really light headed. The first time it happened today on my way to math from French..well, I don't really remember. That's the point. I completely blacked out for the first half of the class. I remember small bits..like entering the class, and opening my calculator strangely enough, but that's about it.

Apparently he called on me and I couldn't answer what 5 minus 8 was. :| Embarrassing. Good thing I have no memory of this.

8. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, if it's happening in both the back and the front, there's a decent chance it has something to do with your lungs. I've had similar problems, especially on cold nights. The fact that you got dizzy and half blacked out can also be a sign of breathing problems. Of course, it can also be a sign of heart problems. You really need to get checked out.

Of course, I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure what the problem is. I'm just speaking from personal experience.

#8 Leon481, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I get those. My doctor said not worry unless it keeps up

10. FollowThePanda

You might want to get that checked out...

11. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

So, I have a doctors appointment at 3:00 PM tomorrow which means I get out of 8th period! WOO

But I found out something interesting. My step-sister at my Dad's (note: I live with my mom) has the exact same thing, only her doctor said it was asthma. They gave her steroids and an inhaler, and they don't work at all.

And since I am only there for 6 days out of a month, it's not enviromental.

So the only thing that makes sense is something contagious. But she is the only person who has gotten sick so far at least that I know of.

I am also going to a new doctor and hopefully they will actually do something to try and figure out what it is. Because they just told my sister that she has asthma based only on her chest problems, without running any tests.

My mom said if they say it's asthma, or says it's nothing, we're going to walk out because obviously it's something.