1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bed? Body? or Sleeping Position?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fargo, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Fargo

Fargo Guest

It seems that I quite often wake up with numb limbs. This morning my arm was completely numb. Even lifting it up and moving it around it was still numb after 5 minutes. Eventually though I could feel the feeling return to it. This happens on a regular basis, so I'm not sure if it's from me laying on my side, or my bed creating pressure points that cut off circulation or pinch nerves or if it's just my body mechanics. I'm just not sure if this is normal, so that's why I came to you guys first.

2. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Oh and I can't edit again so thought I'd clarify that it was my whole arm, from shoulder to finger tips. I also just from sitting get numb limbs.

3. I get that sometimes but it doesn't happen every night for me.

4. Krissie

A friend of mine said he got this regularly when he was a teenager, and it was from sleeping on his left side all the time. Apparently in some individuals your sleeping position can interfere with your heat rate and subsequently, your blood pressure at certain regions. Try sleeping in a different position and see if it still happens.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    more likely your sleeping position, it happens to me too. You're body wil always wake you up if blood it cut off to limb for too long, so don't worry.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had this once or twice and it was from sleeping on my side with my arm under my pillow. Try to rearrange your position so that your arm won't be underneath your body or pillow?

7. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Ironic cause I can only fall asleep on my left side xD

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

yeah it happens to me when I sleep on which ever arm, it gets numb

9. Emberstone

I found I got it alot after I worked out, and so I was getting bigger, and I had to change my positioning, as I sleep on my side, and it was not as natural of a sleeping position as before. I find my body adapts to the new position after a while, so I get it less and less.

10. Shebbs

I will be sitting there and my legs will go to sleep. I have poor circulation. *nods* I wake up with numb limbs too, so much so I cant move it and it feels like it's not there.

11. Harve

This happens to me a lot too... i actually quite like the feeling though, especially when my other arm touches this strange, warm lump that i eventually realise is my arm xD. and i realise that this post really isn't helping.

12. Miss Modular

I get this too sometimes. Going to a chiropractor helped out a lot, as well as having better posture and stretching out more.

13. Lmont

Lmont Guest

This happens to me ALL the time and it has everything to do with the position I am in. I'm a rough sleeper. I toss and turn and my limbs and body end up in weird positions and I always wake up with the circulation in my limbs all weird! Don't worry, you'll be fine!