1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major internal bruise

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pseudojim, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yoyo

So i'm a goalkeeper, and a week and a day ago i landed heavily on my left arse cheek after diving full stretch. It was on hard, flat ground, and i'm fairly sure what happened is all of my weight was pressed down on my gluteus with my hip bone crushing it from the inside. It REALLY hurt, since i had done the exact same thing a week previous.

this time though, it seems really bad. I was limping for a few days, and occasionally it would seem to twinge, and when that happened i could barely move the entire leg for a while. when i stretch, it feels as though there is a lump of immovable solid in there, instead of muscle, and it is still visibly bruised on the outside.

i'm due to play again on thursday, how do i make this thing better by then? Any sport injury experts around?

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Erm.. I think you should get that checked lol

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nah, a doctor wouldn't really tell me anything more than i know, and i'm too cheap to see a physiotherapist! =P

4. Eric

Rest, apply ice, some compression and elevate your bum. (weirdest thing I've ever suggested someone to do xD) That's the jist of every single piece of advice doctors have told me after I sustained a sports injury. If it doesn't get better by game time, sit out the match. You'll only aggravate the wound if you play, and you'll probably look bad if you don't have full mobility back.