1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of soy?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Blondie, Oct 23, 2010.

?

What do you think of Soy

Poll closed Nov 2, 2010.
  1. yes I've tried it and like it

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Yes I tried it and hate it

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. I use it some times

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. what is soy?

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Blondie

Blondie Guest

as i am working on my diet i was thinking about replacing meat with soy products

what do you think of soy?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  3. Mogget

I'm in two minds on soy. On one hand, it's an effective protein substitute that can be prepared in delicious and fun ways (though poorly-processed soy is disgusting, be warned). On the other, it's loaded with harmful chemicals and hormones (especially for guys) and growing it is an ecological nightmare.

4. Eleanor Rigby

Both my husband and I are intolerant to dairy product, and my husband can't eat red meat either because of his irritation bowel syndrom. We are using soy on a regular basis to replace red meat and dairy product like yoghurts and cream.
    It took us a little while to get used to it, but it's been nearly 2 years now, and our health condition definitly improved.

5. CarUnderwater

i think soy tastes disgusting, but if you mix it in with food you already like (im talking something VERY flavourful) its not so bad. soy will soak up the flavour from other foods, its just the texture that might not be so appealing.

and like someone mentioned above, soy does have its downside when consumed by males.

6. Ben

Ben

Soy is a godsend!

7. yourillusion

For folks with lactose issues, it's quite lovely! I mostly cook with soymilk, but don't drink plain or anything. And really do not like 'soyjoy' bars. Ick. haha.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think it tastes great

but i also love meat and dairy

9. Bario

Bario Guest

I think its good. I used to have an allergy to something in milk, it wasnt a lactose intolerance, something else in the milk that I cant quite remember, so did my brother. So we used to just drink soy milk, so did everyone else, because it was easier, except my mum, she hates the stuff. To be honest, I dont understand how people drink dairy milk, it tastes like water and baby powder. (Not that I know what baby powder tastes like.) I only really like the milk though, a lot of other soy products arent the greatest things I have ever eaten.

10. XxToshixX

Well I am a vegetarian so I have tried soy a bunch of times. Depending on how it is made and flavored it can be really yummy. Some soy things I have tried tasted awful though

11. Jay

Jay

Soy milk is the only milk I like, others are ewww. And soy in general isn't bad either.

12. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Soy is good.

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Soy is deliscious, but its been discovered that its bad for you :/, and I'm thinking of becoming a Vege lol

14. Enaithor

I don't like it because I'm extremely violently allergic to it, to the point where it doesn't make it down my gullet

15. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Oh so sorry to here that make sure you have a medi alert or some thing like it to let people know about it what you cant speak for yourself

16. Enaithor

Nah it's fine I just don't eat it lol, and I'm fine with it in small amounts for some reason