1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

poor health in childhood = stunted growth later in life?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xCrazyInsanity, Oct 27, 2010.

1. xCrazyInsanity

According to every 'estimate adult height' thinger, I'm supposed to end my adult height around 5'11-6'3

I'm 5'9, barely.
    It doesn't really make sense, because I'm pretty much healthy now.
    (pretty much = i get every respiratory infection on the planet)

But when I was little... well I was almost held back a year because I missed so much school.
    I was ALWAYS fucking sick, and the skinniest thing to boot (not necessarily best nutrition before the age of 8 or 9...)

At all related, or did I get the short (pun intended) end of the gene pool on height.

I really don't expect to grow any more by this point, just wondering why what was supposed to happen didn't.

#1 xCrazyInsanity, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The hight prediction chart things don't work most of the time really. I'm 6 foot and still growing but my chart says that by my age im suposed to be about 5 foot 10. It's just estimation.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Your 16 you have 5 years left.. that is A LOT of time, don't worry, just do the necesseary things that helps growth.

Atleast you have time.. I'm barely 5ft9 too and I'm 21 lol.. I'm stil trying to get taller though... even though I probably won't have a chance, silly me.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm 5'5 >.> haha

No idea about any of what you said, but you are fine in height :slight_smile:

5. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I have you all beat I am 43yrs and only 4-9:grin:

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read height is around 60% genetic. That leaves 40% for environmental. If you do not get good enough nutrition as a child and young adult you will not grow to your full potential. I don't know about illness affecting it. But I am sure it would. Unless it's something common like a cold then I doubt it.