1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 periods in 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mana, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mana

2 weeks ago I had a period and now I appear to have started again. This seems odd. Could it be a sign of health problems, or could something have caused a hormone imbalance?

2. CarUnderwater

hm, i went through this for a while myself, and i realized it was mostly because of stress. is your period starting and then stopping after a few days?

3. Mana

I dont kno , it only started doing this 2 weeks ago

4. Helen

Helen Guest

Could just be one REALLY long period. I know that's a bit of a long shot but mine do sometimes have a little break in the middle, before surging back almost like a whole other one a day or two afterwards...

5. Mana

But this one is 2 weeks after one before

6. Shebbs

That happens to me too.... only, i'm on birth control, and it isnt supposed to. (the pill form)
    :confused:

7. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's always a question of how long you've been having them, but by the sounds of things, you've had them for a while.

My guess is that it is a hormone imbalance, since periods are caused by changes in hormone levels. Odd periods are often caused by stress, since stress plays havoc with all the internal balance.

To be honest, it's probably a one off thing, I've had something similar and it's just been something random.

8. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

You should look into a different brand/dosage. I had two week long periods on my first try with the pill. The doctor bumped me up to a higher estrogen dose, MinOvral, and I no longer have that problem.

As for the original topic, I'm no medical professional so take my opinion with a gigantic grain of salt. It could be a result of stress or if something changed in your weekly routine. Have you been working out more or less? How about food? If you can rule out all of the environmental factors, I'd suggest going to see your doctor about it and they can then rule out any hormonal issues. Or if there are hormonal problems, they can suggest methods of treating it like going on the pill, getting the patch, the ring or those injections.

9. KaraBulut

The answer is that for most women it's not unusual or something that is particularly worrisome.The question is whether you have a history of irregular periods or whether until now you've been fairly regular.

The textbooks say that women should have periods every 28 days. These textbooks were written by men more than likely because a large percentage of women have shorter periods and some only have periods every 60-90 days. And some women have cycles that are just all over the place and rather random.

The issue is what is "normal" for you.

It may be that a medication or stress or something around you has caused a change in hormone levels and one of the symptoms is an irregular period. If this becomes the new date of your regular cycle, it's not a problem. However, if you begin having irregular periods as your new "normal" then you should discuss the issue with your gynecologist. Many women who have irregular periods elect to go on birth control pills so that their cycles are more predictable.

10. Querido

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your vagina is edward cullen, it needs blood! JK