1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood after sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Holmes, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Holmes

On Tuesday night, or really the early hours of Wednesday morning, after everyone else who was there watching election results had left, I went up with my boyfriend to his room for a while (before going back to fall asleep on the couch downstairs). He went a little harder than usual, which I enjoyed. I didn't feel any serious pain after, at least nothing out of the ordinary. But in the morning, when I went to the loo, there was blood when I wiped myself, enough to soak a decently-sized spot on the loo roll. There was nothing there by mid-morning, and it was not bleeding enough to have left a mark in my briefs. As in, nothing coming out unless I was wiping it.

How worried should I be? If it healed, should it be ok? And if it happens again, should I see a doctor about it, to make sure it's not a serious lesion? Or just tell my boyfriend to go a little softer? I just really want to know how common this is. Thanks.

2. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I would go a little softer also Condoms and a water based lube was there any itching?

3. KaraBulut

You just aggravated the anal tissues - the same tissues that result in hemorrhoids. You can use the usual treatments for hemorrhoids and just avoid anal sex until it resolves. Usually it clears up within a week.

4. Holmes

Thanks for your responses, I'll keep that on hand if it happens again, and I suppose just be more sensitive. But good to know it's not something I need to get checked just yet.