1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial Colourblindness?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by onequestion, Nov 15, 2010.

1. onequestion

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a query about colourblindness,
    I have great difficulty distinguishing green from yellow when they are together (or among other colours), but can see them fine when they are seperated, is this a form of colourblindness?

2. RaeofLite

It's possible. My gf cannot tell some shades of blue from green and some shades of pink and brown. I think it's more rare in females, but I believe it can still happen. When she put on her pink shirt she asked how I liked her brown shirt. I took her hand and said, "hun, that's pink." :slight_smile:

3. Emberstone

while it is geneticlly carried by females, it is rare, as the above poster noted, for a female to exhibit it, but not unheard of.

If you wish to find out, you can usually find tests online, which can let you know if you are colorblind.

I am myself, and the tests usually are a series of dots of various colors, and there are numbers in certain colors... if you cannot see the number, you are colorblind.

there is not much that can be done about it, and you really should not worry to much.

I cant tell the difference between blue and purple, myself.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

Sounds like it. I'm color blind too and I hate it. I always get purple and pink confused. And purple and blue. And orange and pink(sometimes). It makes me feel so stupid when I have to ask what color things are, but whatevs, I'm used to it. lol

Btw, yeah, it's rarer for females to have it. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, and I get red and pink confused sometimes too. And pink and white. Fml. lol

5. XxToshixX

I am the same as the OP. We actually were talking about this in Biology last year, and I was the only one in the class who had any kind of partial colorblindess at all. =)

6. lostinthought9

Our debate coach is partially colorblind. He can't see colors from the red and green spectrum. He jokingly said today actually, that Christmas time was a very gray time for him, haha.

7. KaraBulut

Out of curiosity, are your parents color-blind. As a female, you would be quite rare to have tritanopia (yellow/blue colorblindness). Chances are that both of your parents would have to be carriers for you to have true color blindness.

The only way for you to be sure that you have tritanopia is to make an appointment with an opthamologist (eye doctor). There are specific tests that they can do to evaluate whether you are able to distinguish colors. The testing will identify whether you have partial color-blindness.