1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eating disorder?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by wallrose, Nov 19, 2010.

1. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I might have some sort of eating disorder, but I dont know if I do, or if so, what sort of disorder it is.
    I am really fat, I'm practiaclly a terrestrial whale. I wiegh 82kg, and I think I am around 5 foot tall. See, huge. I have been dieting, sort of. I have stopped eating crap, and because it is convenient for me, I dont eat lunch. I am expecting a lot of 'you need to eat 3 proper meals a day, eat lunch every day etc.' but the main reason I skip lunch is because lunch isnt very convenient for me. It just doesnt fit into my day very neatly.
    Anyway, thats not the problem I am highlighting. I just cant stand eating. I hate it, I try not to eat, but I always end of eating more than I need. It isnt even that I dont like being hungry. Strangely enough, I enjoy the feeling of hunger, not horrible, crippling starvation, but having an empty stomach is just comfortable to me.
    I tend to skip breakfast aswell, a lot, I only ever eat breakfast on weekends, and thats only because I dont have 5km and the classroom walls separating me from my pantry. I skip lunch because it is easier that way, but I dont have any reason not to eat breakfast.
    I think I might have a problem, but I dont know. I am sure this sint a healthy way to live, but it isnt affecting me negatively, so I dunno. Do I have a problem here?

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you only eat dinner? is that right? That isn't good you're gonna throw your metabolism off. Plus your body will try to store what fat you take in because it thinks food isn't readily available.

3. ccw145

ccw145 Guest

I'm not an expert when it comes to what's healthy and what's not, but I can give you a few tips that might help. I'm sure skipping meals is not healthy for your body. You should eat at every meal. This is not to say that you need big meals though, You should try to keep it small and healthy. For breakfast you might try two or three slices of toast and maybe an egg (cooked however you like). For lunch you might want to make yourself a salad or a sandwich. These are both foods that are healthy for you and can be eaten quickly during the day. It is important that you keep yourself on a consistent eating schedule. If you really want to lose weight, you should consider trying sport. If that's not your thing then you should at least do a moderate exercise a few times a week. You don't have to make it really intense, you just might want to go for a long walk or take a jog.

4. KaraBulut

You're in a very classic situation with overweight people. They don't eat and they wonder why they can't lose weight.

The answer is that when your body thinks that it is starving, it stores fat. Lots of fat. It will slow down your metabolism to conserve calories so that it can store as much fat as possible.

Instead of trying to do the "3 squares" thing, it may make sense for you to do a little meal planning and allow yourself to snack on healthy stuff throughout the day. So, have a simple breakfast in the morning- an egg and a bowl of oatmeal or cereal, then plan your meals for the rest of the day.

For lunch, have a protein shake (you can get the premixed shakes and keep one in your backpack or your desk for a quick lunch). During the day, have a snack of string cheese or a protein bar or something that is low in sugar/carbohydrate.

Drink lots of water (the human body has a tendency to interpret thirst as hunger). Avoid fast foods. Avoid impulse purchases. Don't let yourself get too hungry (great way to end up overeating).

And try to get real about food- instead of saying, "I'm not going to eat", say "I'm going to have a snack at 3PM, so I'm going to buy some healthy snacks so that I have something to eat when I get hungry".