1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chlamydia

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lady Gaga, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

One of my friends was diagnosed with Chlamydia, and before she actually took the step to tell me (and my other friend who is also her friend) we shared drinks.

So I (and my other friend) want to know if we need to be tested too or if it is strictly an STD.

2. RedState

It's an STD. I'm pretty sure it cannot be transferred by simply sharing a drink.
    You don't really need to be tested for it...if you start pissing razor blades in the next two weeks that's your test and you know you have it...thats when Levaquin is your best friend. Not that I would know or anything.

#2 RedState, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chlamydia is capable of infecting many zones of the body, including the throat. It's far more common for it to be transmitted via bodily fluid contact during sex though, so unless her infection is specific to her mouth/throat area, AND you got exceptionally unlucky, i would say you're in the clear.

to be sure, you could do a bit of prying and ask her where her infection is :confused:

4. NordicSpirit

Im pretty sure you cant get chlamydia from sharing drinks.

5. RedState

Well...don't tell that to any of my friends in Birmingham....because that's how I explained
    it....last woman I had sex with too I got burned...how fitting.

6. KaraBulut

It depends on where your friend's chlamydia infection was.

Quite a few people get chlamydia infections in their throat- usually from giving blowjobs- and they never know that they have it. It's usually just dismissed as a throat infection and treated with antibiotics. Oral chlamydia can be transferred during deep kissing or oral sex. In theory, it could be transferred on a drinking glass but that's not how most people get it.

If your friend has a vaginal chlamydia infection, then a drinking glass isn't going to be the source of an infection.