1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird tiny red patches of skin (bug bites?)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Katherine, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    The past week or so I've noticed that I've started to get a bunch of little red patches on my neck and upper chest. They're not raised bumps or anything, just tiny blotches about the size of pimples, and they're dry and scaly (ew).

I started out noticing one or two of them, and I waited a few days. Every morning I'd wake up and there would be more. It's like they're spreading all over my neck and chest.

I don't have a clue what this is. They spread overnight, so I'm thinking it might be some sort of bugs that are biting me while I sleep. Only I looked over my bed and I haven't actually seen any bugs or even signs of bugs (no dead ones, no fecal matter, nothing). At first I thought they were flea bites, but I've had flea infestations in my house before and the bites didn't look the same. When I had flea bites, they were much smaller and rounder and more evenly spread over my body. These are slightly bigger and drier and more splotchy-looking. I don't know.

Anyone have any ideas? They're not very itchy, and I haven't been feeling sick or anything so I don't think it's urgent, but I'd like to figure out what this is.

2. KaraBulut

Are you sure they're not bedbug bites?

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Bedbugs. This sounds exactly like what happened with me. Even if you can't see anything, they are there. They are sneaky sons of a gun.
    Quick tips:

Call an exterminator IMMEDIATELY. Do not put this off. It will only get worse. You need to get ready to fight these guys and the sooner you take action, the less work it will be.

While you wait for the exterminator to come in, try to do some of the following unless otherwise indicated by the exterminator:
    Buy a can of raid and go over your floor (vacuum also!). Pick up your mattress and wash it. Pick up your boxspring and wash it. Pick up your frame and wash it. Wrap all of these in those separate impermeable plastic mattress things for incontinence and spray more Raid inside. Use double sided tape around anything that touches the ground to prevent the bugs from crawling up from the floor. Wash all your clothes, sheets and pillows and store in plastic bags.
    If you live in apartment and you rent, your landlord may agree to pay for it to prevent the spread of the bugs to other homes.

And good luck. It's a hell of a battle.