1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polindal cyst

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by nintenfreak92, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Well I am pretty sure I have a pilonidal cyst and it is very gross, and tonight I think it may have full on Exploded, like it has the little sinus tracts and a couple little holes that it drains out of, but tonight idk what happened, it started leaking a lot and I reached back there to check and there was blood and luck this weird stringy stuff in the blood and it smelled really bad. Is this bad and should i go see a doctor because i am a college student with almost no money and it is almost 2 weeks from finals so inalsonhave absolutely no time to spare, however it feels like the cysts has drained because the bump that is normally back there is significantly smaller to practically unnoticeable. Idk is this bad and should ongetbit checked out right away or is this something that can wait.

2. Remk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds as if the abscess drained, which is good in a way because it probably feels a million times better since most of the pressure is gone. You should go see the doctor. You need to have it completely drained. They will also most likely have to put in packing. It almost looks like ribbon. They use it to keep the wound open to drain. Kind of acts like a wick. With out this the chances of it coming back are much greater.

3. KaraBulut

It sounds like it is a pilonidal cyst.

Yes, you need to go to the doctor. There's two things you'll need-
    1. An exam to confirm that it is a pilonidal cyst. You may also need a short course of antibiotics.
    2. A referral to a surgeon. If the cyst has tunneled into the area, you may need to have it fixed surgically. Usually that is something that you can delay until summer break (the recovery time can be lengthy). But the surgeon will need to make that evaluation based upon his examination.