1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing a few pounds

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Frer3, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Frer3

I'm relatively skinny, but I've been bulging out a bit. I want to keep my weight in control, and will probably start exercising soon. However, I would like to start eating healthy as well. Does anybody have any diet tips for dropping the lubs?

2. Mr.Pushover

Fruit! Replacing junky snacks for things like FUJI APPLES (<3), oranges, grapes, bananas, and pears can really show differences if you're not used to eating those things. Also, water helps save so many calories, and if u want, diet soda, but it's best to cut out soda from your diet, THAT can show major changes. Just know your limits, for the most part.

3. Zontar

I lost thirty pounds over three months by doing everything they tell you not to do. Eating whatever I want, skipping meals, overexercising, no vegetables...

Here's the dirty little secret of dieting: the real trick is to use more calories than what you take in. That's how these people can eat McDonald's and Little Debbies all month and still lose weight...low calories! But doctors aren't going to recommend that to you because if they did, everyone would be either eating like complete shit or starving themselves to the point where they trigger famine response and don't lose weight at all. So they go through all this balanced diet shit and all that, and that will work...but it's no fun, be honest. Vegetables suck, brotha, let's all admit it.

So, here's Zontar's famous diet plan. And you even get it for free. Cut out soda and snacks immediately; they do nothing for your calorie count. Don't even eat so-called helathy snacks...nothing in between!! Don't eat breakfast. If you want to eat breakfast, then don't eat lunch. The only things you get to eat are two meals a day that add up to 1500-1800 calories. Eat whatever the hell you want in these meals, just make sure you don't exceed 1800 calories a day. On top of that, you need to expend what you eat as well, and this is where exercise come in. I bicycled every day for three months and at my peak was losing five pounds a week.

If you want to preserve muscle, add weight training. This weight-loss plan will cause you to lose muscle; weight training prevents that, and you get even more exercise in.

If you eat too little, you're not going to lose weight because you're just going to binge eat. If you eat too much and justify it with exercise, the best you've done is preserve your current weight.

Follow this, and I guarantee you that you'll lose weight. I'm continuing to see progress just by doing this, and it's not hard at all. Just diet and exercise.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally just did this in another thread, LOL

here is some stuff to avoid:

1.Processed sugars. I'm talking about white sugar, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, or pretty much any kind of sugar that came from a factory instead of a piece of fruit. Processed sugar negatively affects your metabolism, your insulin response, even your mood—and all for totally empty calories. Cutting sugar out of your diet means you're going to have to read some labels, because it is by far the most common food additive in the U.S.
    2.Alcohol. Calories that are as empty as sugar, and at 7 calories a gram, booze can really pack it on. Alcohol also dehydrates your body, which compromises muscle growth. Plus it slows your metabolism, so you burn fewer calories. In short, drinking gives you less muscle and more fat—you're just undoing everything you're trying to achieve with your workout.
    3.Caffeine. I know there are a lot of people out there who say caffeine can give your workout a little extra "oomph." Obviously, it can give you some extra energy to make you push harder, but the cost is that it increases cortisol levels in your body, which inhibits lean muscle growth. Plus, it can negatively affect your sleep patterns, and you're better off working out when you're rested than when you're juiced.
    4.Anything with a face. It used to be that you could find some decent lean meat sources, but in the last few decades, the hormones, antibiotics, and chemicals that have been used to process meat and fish make them pretty worthless as a source of protein. There are plenty of excellent vegetarian protein sources, like beans, tofu, and nuts, so you can eat clean while you get lean.
    5.Gluten. Gluten is a grain-derived protein found in lots of different foods, mostly wheat, rye, and barley products. The name comes from the Latin word for "glue." You don't need to eat glue. Even if you're not one of the millions who are sensitive or allergic to gluten, you'll be operating a much cleaner machine if you cut it out of your diet. There are plenty of other healthier gluten-free alternatives, like millet, amaranth, quinoa, and oats.
    By eliminating these empty or harmful "foods" from your diet, you can start turning your body into the well-oiled machine nature intended it to be. By eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, you can give yourself the premium fuel to get into the best shape of your life.

5. Frer3

This is all really interesting! What would you all suggest for workout purposes? I've never really been one for weight training. It makes me feel insecure to be the only one in the gym lifting only the bar...

6. Mr.Pushover

Cardio! Cardio is fun, but really rocks is going to the gym, doing some of the treadmill, stationary bike, etc. and then continuing on to the workout machines, or lifting weights! It burns fat like cray cray, but you don't wanna do it every day, or else you won't have had enough rest to make any muscles grow, cause it'll all just keep breaking down.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Running, Swimming (I know its getting cold out), Tennis.

You can pick up some Tae Bo Dvds for about $10 - $20 That way you can watch people doing the exercises too, so you know you're doing them right.