1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acne bruises

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ridiculous, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Ridiculous

Hello

A while back I had reasonably bad acne on my chest. It has now cleared up very well, however some of them were quite deep (not just the little protruding bumps) and have left some noticeable purply bruised spots. They aren't painful or uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any ways to speed up their healing? In the past they have faded but it takes a long time. I've heard of applying heat to bruises after a few days of them forming, which apparently encourages the trapped blood to redistribute. Also applying moisturiser to the area, but I have no idea how that is supposed to help the bruise.

(Also a tip for anyone with acne - what worked for me was 'pure' benzoyl peroxide, i.e. without any of the drying agents that are in things like Clearasil. They just seemed to irritate it and offset any good the benzoyl peroxide did while also making everything red from irritation.)

2. Paradox

Acne scars huh? I had those on my face of all places (duh) and I despised them, my dear ol' mother told me to cut a live tomato in half and rub it on the scars, it is may feel a bit itchy but tolerate it and leave it on for about fifteen mins then wash it off. It super healed my scars and made them fade away into the fiery pits of hell where they belong (my pictures do be the evidence cause it was REALLY bad).

Of course you can imagine how skeptical I was at first that a common salad ingredient could perform such miracles so I checked it out online and the consensus among all acne troubled cyber teens somewhat supports "teh tomato". Try it.

(I dunno if it works on the chest though, heck I didn't even know you could get pimples on the chest just like how the other day I read somewhere in the forum that you can get pimples on your balls, total derp da derp moment :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

3. Ridiculous

Wow, never would've expected tomatoes!

I wouldn't call them scars as they do heal up on their own without any scar tissue, just it takes a long time. I'll give it a go when I next have the house to myself (I'd look a bit strange walking around rubbing myself with tomato, so I'll do it when I've got some privacy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Also you can get a pimple anywhere that you have a hair follicle, which pretty much just excludes palms of hands and soles of feet.

Thanks for the advice!