1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting in shape

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mandarof, Dec 10, 2010.

1. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've got a few extra pounds and need to build muscle. I've been in a regular routine for a few months now and it is helping. I want to ask about the chest, though. Do most guys prefer a shaved chest? Do you just use a regular razor like on the face? And a noticeable tan too? Maybe I'll work on losing weight and building muscle until the sun starts the rays way up again and then get myself out there.

How should I work on losing some weight? Incorporate some running? How many minutes / days per week? Of course once I get to a good weight then I can always work towards the rock solid look.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honest don't mind either way when it comes to hair.

But, I'd also like you to know that you should be trying to loose the weight and shave your chest and get a tan because you're trying to live up to some model's perception of hot.

That being said, running will help do it for 30 minutes in addtion to your normal workout

3. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems like all the pictures of guys online show buff, tan, shaved chests. Is this the ideal for most guys? I can say that both can be great but I have to pick the image I'm going for. I think that groomed, care for stomach is great though....?

4. Ridiculous

I personally don't mind too much hair anywhere else, but I really just don't like torso or facial hair really.

Skin tone doesn't really matter to me. A tan does seem to make you look slimmer though, whether natural or out of a bottle.

5. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I prefer natural, though shaved wouldn't bother me either. Whichever makes you feel better, I suppose.

I wouldn't recommend tanning, though mainly because of the health risks.

6. Connor22

walk. Just walk. miles and miles and miles just take your ipod and listen to some great tunes and walk, doesn't matter where you go just walk, seriously it is unreal as to how effective walking is for the body, plus when you walk a lot more you want to go faster, so then you run, before you know it your in marathons. Worked for me.

7. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took a good 20-40 minute walk the last two nights so I think I read your mind! That with some light running from time to time and my weight routine should work well.

8. Gambit

I lost 25 pounds in a month running 25 minutes 5 days per week. So i guess running or jogging helps haha

9. Ridiculous

Walking is alright if you have some sort of injury or other reason why you can't do something more strenuous, but I don't think it is particularly effective. You aren't going to get your heartrate up or put on any kind of sweat by walking. You'll get more benefit from spending 10 minutes running, cycling or swimming rather than 40 minutes of walking in my opinion.

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you talking about models, who are air brushed and are forced to wax or shave?
    I'm just saying, if you want to get into shape that awsome. Doing because you want to look good great, but don't start thinking you'll never be sexy unless you have a certain look. Personally I don't mind chest hair one way or the other. I do groom my hair and in other places, but I do it because I like how it looks.
    Tom Selleck was named one fo the sexiest men alive in his day and that man 90% body hair.

The bottom line: do this for you, not for what you think people want you to be :thumbsup:

11. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think getting in shape is a good goal regardless. It's healthier, I'll feel better about myself, and hey, I should be better able to get the hot guys. LOL

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fair enough. :icon_wink