1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Twitches

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by British Lad, Dec 13, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

The passed month or so I have been having these random twitches and they are random like I could have one then another in an hours time then another in 6 hours or something stupid like that and I don't know what is causing it and I never had it before until about a month ago. The twitch is normal around my shoulder-blades and my neck if that helps and and lasts a second.

2. KaraBulut

When you say "twitch"... is it just a muscle twitch or is it a muscle spasm?

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

What exactly is the difference?

I always thought random twitches were normal. :confused: I get them all the time.

4. Zontar

The majority of fasciculations are benign. If you're noticing it more, you're probably just obsessively paying attention to twitches that would have otherwise gone ignored.

Now, I wouldn't suggest this absent any progressive worsening of symptoms or co-existing symptoms (such as headaches), however, an MRI should put you at ease.

5. KaraBulut

Twitches (fasciculations) are small- they tend to be barely visible - often you can see the muscle move under the skin but there's a very brief movement of the nearby structures. And twitches aren't usually painful.

This is a twitch/fasciculation:

[YOUTUBE]259HVq5sKi8[/YOUTUBE]

A spasm or cramp is more severe, it lasts longer and it's more painful. It was hard to find a video of a cramp where the person wasn't swearing. This is a cramp:

[YOUTUBE]cRN8XjcnMRQ[/YOUTUBE]

6. British Lad

British Lad Guest

It is more of a twitch and is painless and it make my upper body move when it happens.

7. Miss Bubbles

you probably pinched a nerve i did it once and my pinky would twitch and then move on its own lol

8. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A while back I had some random twitches in one eye. It was like multiple quick blinks, like a spasm. It just came once in a while, then I never had them again. I don't know about yours for sure, but I bet it'll just go away w/o you even noticing it. I hope it's nothing and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

9. Mana

Too much weed. Or not enough sleep.

I get them all the time.

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if there isn't any pain or discomfort when it happens I would cough it up to muscles growing. I used to get them when I was a teen, I think their natural. If they hurt or there is any numbness then get your ass to the doctor

11. KaraBulut

Muscle twitching is often the result of fatigue. Sometimes it happens and we don't know why it happens. As long as it is temporary, limited to just one area and resolves on its own, it's usually harmless. If it spreads to larger areas or it doesn't go away, then it is time to see you doctor for testing.