1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congestion

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mr.Pushover, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Mr.Pushover

I've been sick for the past couple days, but now everything is starting to get better, except for my congestion. This happens every time I get sick, my congestion is the worst thing and it never gets better. I've tried all kinds of medicine, nose spray(my doctor told me to stop using it), blowing my brains out into tissues, and NOTHING seems to work.

Any advice, please?!

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same problem, as long as its flowing its good. I can shake off the flu in about 4 days, but the cough stays forever.

I've never tried mucinex (I think thats how its spelled) but some friends of mine have and they say it works

3. KaraBulut

There's a respiratory virus being passed around in the US. It doesn't seem to make people very sick but the nasal congestion and runny nose last for about a week.

Because it is a virus, we're recommending symptom relief - decongestants and other-the-counter cold medicines. There are some nighttime cold medicines that will help you sleep.

If you have muscle aches, fever and chest congestion, it's more likely that you have the flu. We are getting into flu season, so we are beginning to see people with the flu.

4. Mr.Pushover

^Thanks, it's my nose, as I've never actually had the flu, but it's starting to clear up from all the meds I've been on

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If its in your nose here are some home remedies.

Hot shower.
    Spicy soup.
    Workout, but do this outside you'll spitting out a lot junk.
    Cough drops

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Try chicken soup, or fresh garlic and ginger! :thumbsup: