1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well I found out what's wrong with me.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Vampyrecat, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Vampyrecat

Okay, I went to the doctors like y'all said to and like I said I would.

The rashes on my hands, arms and stomach are dermatitis, and I have a weird case of it. The type I have is usually on feet and legs, but yay for being a freak.

The headaches and tummy aches are stress.

The tiredness:
    I got a blood test, and I'm NOT anaemic. All my tests showed everything was in the normal range, but slightly lower then they should be. This is because I'm borderline Vitamin D deficient. Vitamin D helps you absorb nutrients and stuff right? so that's why everything was only slightly lower, but still normal.
    Here's the bitch of the Vitamin D deficiency.
    One of the only ways to get Vitamin D deficiency is by getting sun on your skin.
    But I burn really Badly REALLY fast, even with sunscreen. I think its the streaks of natural red in my hair, because I have really pale skin. I don't tan at all, I just burn really horribly.

So because I avoid getting burnt by not going outside very often without wearing adequate cover, I'm now Vitamin D deficient. Yay for me.

The Bronchitis is because my whole immunity is down because of glandular fever from 7th grade. I'm now nearly in 10th grade. What a bummer. The doctor thinks that the bronchitis is going to keep coming back, because I've been really sick a couple of times since the first time I had glandular fever,and he thinks they've been flare ups of the glandular fever again.

Yay for Shitty body.:dry:

2. Louise

I'm glad you went to see your doctor, it is always better to know what is happening that to sit around worrying.

There are artificial sun lamps with KBD/UV light for those who cannot take the sun or have difficulty supporting vitamin D suppliments. These lights will help boost your vitamin D without you burning. By the way sunbloc also blocs the rays that help you make vitamin D so you might want to look into this.There are lamps of varying prices. Maybe your doctor can advise you.

The light box of often SAD box as it is called will also help with your stress as they help overcome feelings of depression and stress.

Another little tit bit of information, you eyes make vitamin D when you are outside on a sunny day but you mustn't wear sunglasses.

Hope you feel better soon.

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Vitamin D source is sunlight for sure. But all you need is about 20 minutes of exposure to sunlight. Face, arms, legs, are enough surface area and it doesn't have to be the same surface all the time. Sort of put yourself on moving platform or something or just change position every few minutes will help. You should be able to get the exposure you need without the sunburn. In time, you will tan a bit more, but it takes a while for you to get there.

As for having the Mono, for some it takes a while to get over the full effects of it. Barr-Epstein virus has been implicated in fatigue syndrome also. There seems to be little to do for it except to have good nutrition, sleep and light exercise. In time, things can turn around. But likely the major aspects of what you are experiencing comes from the stress you have, limiting that would be a huge benefit to you.

Just knowing and being able to make small adjustments to your daily routine might be all that is needed along with patience. Good that you know so far what you do, and some of what you can do to change it or help boost it a bit.

Good luck.

4. Bryan

:'( feel better, also if you are tired and lethargic durring the day, get some exercise it will help

5. CrimsonThunder

I had dermatitis once. It's fucking annoying. I couldn't play videogames for ages (I had it on my hands) and I'm sure it was something I got from work due to the gloves we wear. (although I'm not sure)

It takes a while to go away as well and the cream I had didn't do much good, Dermaid.