1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair Dye

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by British Lad, Dec 23, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Today I tried to dye my hair black with a home semi permanently black dye and had to wash it out because I was feeling faint and I almost fainted if I had not washed it all out, and I am still feeling funny. What should I do?

2. Pragmatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you should lay down for a while and see if that works. It might be the smell of something causing you to get sick. But before laying down, I recommending showering or bathing your hair. Also, I'd recommend something along the lines of maybe Pepto or maybe a Rolaids if your stomach is also getting upset.

3. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Can p-phenylenediamine make you faint? and give you a head acht and giddyness? I need a Health expert on this one.

4. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found this: http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/p/p_phenylenediamine_allergy/intro.htm
    It pretty much discusses the allergic reactions one may have with p_phenylenediamine. However, looking at the symptoms, it doesn't mention anything that could cause you to faint. I would assume that maybe the smell of the chemicals/ingredients in the hair dye may have been too strong for you.
    I would suggest laying down for a while and resting up. Drink water, too.

5. starfish

THe room you were is in. Was it well ventilated? Some of the fumes coming off that stuff can be quite potent.

6. Elven

I'd say it was probably the fumes making you woozy since I know a few people including my sister who become liable to faint to them in confined spaces.

7. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Check your scalp, it may be an allergic reaction. xD

8. Pragmatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless its seeping through to his brain, I highly doubt he needs to check his scalp. lol It's hair dye, not acid.

9. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Seeing as its semi permeant I don't see much that can cause the faintness or ill feeling. I know if it was permanent it would of been the ammonia in it that would cause them. If you ever dye your hair make sure its in a well ventilated area. Tip: To get a super sexy black bleach your hair then get the black onto it. Remembering to wait 24 hours between applications or your hair will get brittle and fall out not to mention the itchy head!

Your multi coloured hair friend.

10. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

lol Sometime hair dyes cause your scalp to get reddish, when you are having an allergic reaction... lol it not like it would be melting or anything.

11. KaraBulut

There's a couple of possibilities.

Some hair bye is ammonia-based. Using them in an area that is not well-ventilated can make you feel ill.

Interestingly enough, we're finding out that a lot of young people are having allergic reactions to hair dyes. The chemicals in the dye have multiple uses and exposure to the dyes when you're younger (as in the case of things like temporary tattoos) can trigger an allergic reaction later in life when you're re-exposed by dyeing your hair.

If you're not feeling better after resting, you should call your doctor.

12. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Thanks for the tips I feel fine now, I did It in my room and mum was putting the dye in which created a small space so thats that sorted, nice Time I get it done profectionly

13. Phantasma

You don't neccessarily have to get it done professionally. If you do, be prepared to shell out $60-$100. And that's for just the dye itself, never mind if you want it cut and styled at the same time. The typical box of home dye is $10-$15 and, if you are careful to follow instructions, can get you just as nice results (depending on the brand and color that you choose.) With a home box you could dye your hair six different times for the price of just one single time at the salon.

I say, next time, just make sure to do it in a ventilated area and save yourself $60 bucks.