1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calluses on toes?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lady Gaga, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I am pretty sure I have calluses on both my big toes but I am not sure.

I looked up home treatments for them, I've did everyone that I had in my power to do and nothing has helped. I put body body on my them and that does nothing.

I've tried soaking my feet, sanding the skin off, using pads, and so on and nothing has worked.

So what other treatments are there for calluses that I can do at home..if they even are calluses?

Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

They don't hurt. But I have no feeling on the skin. I've actually screwed a screw into the skin before and felt nothing. :/

2. Miyaga

I believe your issue maybe due to shoes and weather.

Are you on your feet all day?
    Are your shoes too tight?

I work in the food industry and this happened to me when my shoes were too tight, and my feet were really dry, so i moisturized and got bigger shoes, they cleared up shortly there after, plus my feet are now super soft lol

My sister also has this issue she bought a Ped Egg and that worked wonders for her. its an as seen on tv product and like 10bucks

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Well, during school I wear them throughout the day, but I take them off at home (and at lunch..)

But when I don't have school I never put on shoes except when I leave.

And my shoes are the perfect size, I actually just got measured two weeks ago and got new shoes that feel fantastic.

I've actually used the Ped Egg, all it did for me was get under the dead skin, rip it out, then where it was ripped out it bled like a hangnail. :frowning2:

4. Miyaga

oh my, hmmm do your feet sweat a lot? it could be a form of athletes feet.

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Can't even remember my feet ever sweating to be honest. I am sure they have in the past, but my point is they don't very often.

6. Miyaga

Hmmm, then i would suggest moisturize heavily, and ask your doctor. How long has this been going on?

7. biisme

These definitely look like callouses to me. Have you tried using moisturizer on your feet? Perhaps they are too dry. It is winter, so it could be a result of the drier weather; skin tends to dry out a lot faster this time of year.

EDIT: I see Miyaga has already posted about moisturizing..while I was typing. But yes, this would be the first thing I would do.

8. Johnnieguy

Have you tried using corn/callus remover (salicylic acid) to get rid of them, then moisturizing?

9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I use body butter on them (it moisturizes better than lotion) and I've had them for years. I think since like..8th-9th grade. I am in 12th now.

Actually no. Can that be bought at drug stores, or is it something I need a prescription for?

10. KaraBulut

The medical name for callus is hyperkeratosis. It's a thickening of the skin in response to repeated pressure and stress. So, the question is, "What is causing you to get these?"

Since you've been treating them but it hasn't helped, you may need to give some thought to what is causing them. It could be a bunion or it could be ill-fitting shoes. If you can address the cause, the callus will go away on its own.

You might want to consider seeing a podiatrist (foot doctor). A podiatrist can help you determine what's causing them and he can help you find the appropriate treatment to both thin the callus and help prevent them.