1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leg Shaving

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zontar, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Zontar

I'd like to get rid of some of this hair. Do you shave your legs? How do you go about it?

2. Ridiculous

I do upper legs and butt using hair clippers. Using a razor for anywhere on your upper legs, apart from the front of your thighs, is impossible as you can't see properly and end up doing incredible contortions trying to reach everywhere. It's much easier to use clippers as you've got no risk of cutting yourself.
    I get it as short as possible using the clippers for legs above the knees. For the calves I just trim it when it gets too long; the knees provide a good cutoff between the smooth thighs and the hair on the calves, so it doesn't look stupid. You should be able to shave your calves with a razor reasonably easily if you want it totally smooth.

You also could look into waxing but I've never tried it.

Seriously the only threads I seem to post in lately are to do with hair :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3. Kardan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here's a hint: If you use an electric razor, you'll wear it out super fast. I prefer to use a hand razor. I think it's more comfortable, becuase it doesn't tug at the hair like some electric ones do. And I've discovered that disposable razors aren't quite as sharp as those fancy ones. I use a Schick Hydro something or other. It's sooooo smooth.

Just make sure you go slowly, and use a decent amout of shaving cream. If you aren't careful, you'll nick yourself. Wearing long pants after that isn't pleasant. :wink:

4. Gumtree

Being hygienic before and after will really help to prevent infection of pores and the irritation from ingrown hairs.

Make sure you wash the area you're shaving and your tools with something anti-bacterial before AND after.

You may get razor burn the first few times, which can look like either lots of pimples or a red rash. This should go away if you're consistent and regular with your shaving.

Remember that hair DOES come back thicker when your shave, not permanently of course but for the life of each hair.

Think of each hair as like a very long cone, fat at the base and pointed at the tip. Cut it off 3/4 way down, you're left with a thick, fat end as apposed to pointy. This thicker end is now what grows out after shaving over a period, giving the look of thicker hair after shaving, and the feeling of stubble. In summary, if you shave once, shave regularly to save some awkwardness.

If you wish to stop shaving, the original regrowth of hair will of course be slightly thicker, but should return to normal after a wax and the hairs all regrow completely.

5. Ridiculous

They will taper off with wear after a week or two, especially in 'high-trauma' areas like legs where they are constantly rubbing against clothing.