1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teeth

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by wallrose, Jan 6, 2011.

1. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My teeth are so yellow, and it really annoys me. I brush my teeth regularly, but this goes back to when I was a stupid, stubborn idiot of a child, and would never brush my teeth.
    Is there much I can do beyond brushing to whiten them, even just a bit? I brush and brush and brush, but I'm fairly sure the colour is imprinted into the very soul of my teeth.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could get whitening strips they are not too expensive I believe. I tried them before I had braces and they actually work a bit. :slight_smile: I didn't do them much and i could notice the change a little. I know someone who uses baking soda I believe and his teeth are pretty white. You can look that up, I'm not too sure about that method. You can get them professionally whitened and that is quick but I'm sure it's not cheap. You could also try whitening tooth pastes.

I think teeth color also has some genetic link, but I'm sure not brushing your teeth didn't help.

3. tojeem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Next time you go to the dentist just ask them to whiten you teeth. I've had it done, it works quite well (My dentist usually puts some sort of cream on them for a few minutes, then gets me to rinse... but it might be different elsewhere). Your local dentist might not do whitening though, but they can at least give you some teeth-whitener brands to look out for.

Also, you can get whitening toothpaste. I use that too (Colgate Whitening). It doesn't work brilliantly but it's better than nothing. Good luck :slight_smile:

4. Ridiculous

Normal brushing with generic toothpaste won't help with stains, as you'd have to physically remove the enamel to get rid of it. You'll have to use some sort of chemical warfare to whiten them instead.

I have a whitening brush head for my toothbrush (Oral-B Braun), and it works pretty well. It has a little rubbery core on it that secretes some sort of liquid while you brush. You can see the yellow discolouration in it when you spit it out, and your teeth become noticeably whiter (mine are anyway compared to before I used it).

Something like whitening strips would probably work better though, seeing as that is their sole-purpose, plus they'd be cheaper.

Also some foods and drinks are known for staining more than others, such as coffee, tea, red wine. Smoking is bad also. If you do any of these it could be a good idea to cut back on them.

5. KaraBulut

There are bleaching toothpastes and bleaching strips that you can try. These work well on superficial stains. If the stains are deep, you would have to go to professional whitening that can be done at the dentist.

6. TheWanderer

As someone who also didnt care for their teeth when I was young I feel your pain. Of course Im paying for it now :frowning2: Anyhow you could use Listerine Whitening mouthwash. http://www.listerinewhitening.com/?...terine Whitening&utm_term=listerine whitening
    I use the one thats in the blue label bottle.
    It works really well if you use it every time you brush. After just a few days I say a big difference. cheap and effective.