1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Focalin - Erection

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Jan 13, 2011.

1. x2x2x2x2y2

I started taking Focalin today and a few hours later I masturbated. At first I couldn't even get an erection(Yet, I was horny), and once I did get one, I had trouble keeping it. Does this have anything to do with the medication?? I would assume so, seeing as I've never had any trouble like this before.

If it is from the meds, will it stop or is there anything I can do to stop this??

2. Mogget

A lot of psychiatric medications affect sex drive and/or sexual performance. When I was on Pristiq, for example, my sex drive ramped up to the point where I was constantly horny, but my ability to reach climax went away entirely.

Sometimes these affects go away or lessen over time, sometimes they don't. Talk to your psychiatrist about it and see if he or she wants to keep you on it or change your meds.

3. ArcaneVerse

I don't know much about Focalin but I would say that it wasn't the cause of your issues in this instance, most if not all medications that are to correct an imbalance and or modify behaviour usually take more then a couple of hours to effect your system.

It could be that you where anxious about having taken the medication and worried about the possible side effects it could have on you which caused you to have erection problems. If its a common occurrence over the next week or so then it would be time to speak to your doctor.

4. Beachboi92

if it is a psychiatric medication u would not see effects happening that quickly i don't think. Also i'd say one time isn't enough to say there is even an issue. Plus there could be a number of other reasons why it is happening. Now i may be wrong but judging as how only 2 hours after taking the medication you have sort of gotten worried about if it has had an adverse effect i'm assuming you are not big on taking medication xD One thing is that stress and worry in general can mess with your libido so if you are all worried about the medication causing issues right after you take it then you may have issues xD

Also if maybe at first you where having trouble and then you began freaking out about "oh my god the medication has broken my penis" then you may have psyched yourself into it xD Please don't take offense i'm trying to keep the mood light not be condescending but i'd say the best thing to do would be to google all the adverse effects of the drug or about your particular problem to see if they are related. Or if the problem persists ask your doctor.

5. KaraBulut

Focalin does not typically have any sexual side effects. It does however, interact with other medications, so if the issue persists then you should mention it to your physician since it may be exacerbating the side effect of one of the other medications that you're taking.

6. x2x2x2x2y2

I go back to see my psychiatrist in a month, so if this continues, I'll tell him.

lol I'm not nervous about taking this medication at all. Adding Focalin, I now take three different meds, so I'm used to this. =S

lol no offense taken. And I do think I could've psyched myself out. That makes sense.

7. straal1972

I started taking Cipralex (anti-depressant) in Nov. One of the effects on the handout from the pharmasist was 'may effect ejaculation'. This really worried me, since i don't spunk to much to begin with. I was hoping that the effect went the other way and i'd need a mop and bucket to clean up... Well I worried a lot about it, but can't notice any descernable difference. Not exactly your case, but the mind can really mess you up. Try not to psych yourself out to much. observe and note differences and then speak to your psychiatrist about any adverse reactions you've observed.