1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skin burns

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Paper Heart, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Paper Heart

So I have acne, not a few zits, but acne. Now usually my treatment regimen works well on fighting off new zits from forming, but lately it's been literally burning my face. Like 1st degree (epidermis) burns. My main face wash is Cetaphil, which works well, but its my acne medicine, I believe its some Neutrogena cream, thats burning me. Its only started happening recently, but I wanted to know if anyone else has dealt with this before.

2. KaraBulut

Cetaphil is a pretty mild facial wash and moisturizer. What's the active ingredient in the Neutrogena product that you're using?

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use Neutrogena and never had a problem, but alleriges can develop over time, you might want to talk to your doctor

4. Ridiculous

Any sort of 'branded' products like Clearasil and Neutrogena always seemed to make things worse for me. They seem to add some strange drying ingredients that made my skin red and flaky and didn't help the acne anyway.

5. Fintan

First, stop using it if it is causing you pain.

Second, talk to a doctor, your skin is probably way too dry, but ask a doctor.

6. Paper Heart

Thanks guys! I've switched to just moisturizer and a Cetaphil soap bar until I can get an appointment at the dermo.

7. Gumtree

It's important to remember the reality of acne products.

There is no such thing as an over the counter, long term or permanent acne solution.

Why? It simply would not be financially feasible!

If these acne products worked as well as they should, then firstly people would never be tempted to try new products or line extensions, or wouldn't need to buy ANY products regularly.

So try to keep in mind that many products may work for you in the short term, but not in the long term.

Almost all skin care products are designed with a flaw or limit that allows the company to produce an improved or whole new product regularly.