Shaving

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Frer3, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Frer3

Umm... This is embarrassing. How do I go about shaving my lower bits?

2. Ridiculous

Don't be embarrassed, hair is something that everyone has to deal with :slight_smile:.

Hair clippers/trimmers are the way to go if you want it cheap and easy. They allow you to do the awkward areas without having to contort to get a good look and without risk of cutting. They also reduce the risk of ingrown hairs compared to shaving. You can usually get results essentially identical to one-day's worth of shaving regrowth.

Shaving would give you perfectly smooth for about a day, but then you risk cuts, razor burn, ingrown hairs and difficulty actually getting in to a position to shave some areas (e.g. butt). If you want to shave, get the hair as short as possible through other means beforehand (e.g. the above clippers or scissors) because long or thick hair will just clog the razor and make it really difficult.

I haven't tried waxing, but it will give you perfectly smooth skin for a few weeks atleast, if not a month or more. I assume that self-waxing would be quite difficult and painful in some areas, so it's probably best for professional help in sensitive areas; thighs and legs would probably be fine to do yourself though.

Depilatory creams (such as Nair) will break down the hair chemically allowing you to just wash the hair away. These would be easy to use for difficult areas but make sure you read the instructions carefully as they can irritate skin, particularly sensitive areas. Regrowth will be pretty much the same as shaving.

I personally use clippers for anything below the belt. It's a bit uncomfortable for the first few times when the blunt hair rubs against clothing, but I don't seem to notice it anymore somehow.

3. KaraBulut

It depends on how much hair you're wanting to remove.

If you're just wanting a little manscaping, invest in a good body groomer. Norelco makes several nice groomers that run about $30-40 US. That may seem a little expensive but it will last you for years and it can be used anywhere on your body that you want to trim.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/mens-grooming/18665/cat/