1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuttering

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dare2bProud, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Dare2bProud

I'm really becoming self conscious about this but lately its been taking me a long time to say things without losing my train of thought or to even get my words out. It's hard to explain and I don't know what's going on.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I don't really know much about it, but isn't there some kind of place where you can go to make it better? I know they have speech coaches for accents. There hasto be some that teach you how to control it better, no?

My only advice is to not feel self-conscious about it. I think most people respect someone that goes on with their lives regardless of any challenges they might encounter. So, just try your hardest and don't let it stop you one bit :slight_smile:

#2 TheEdend, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  3. RaRa

I used to stutter a shitload as a kid, but it pretty much stopped on it's own...I don't know how.

I do tend to talk fast though...still gotta work on that. :slight_smile:

You shouldn't worry though...I find stuttering kinda cute actually lol

4. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Stuttering is the highest signal for thought. All famous world leaders stutter when talking without a speech written.

5. Dare2bProud

Haha, awe! :icon_redf

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2011 at 03:08 AM ----------

Thanks. That made me feel good. That's what one of my friends said, they said I am a deep thinker and that's probably where it comes from!

6. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A long time ago, someone told me I talked too fast and I got sorta conscientious about it and it seems like around that time I started to have a mild stutter on certain words. I don't know if there is any connection, but that always sticks in my mind. One word I recall having trouble with was memorial. I'd have a hard time starting the word and getting it out. It was not all the time so I don't think people really noticed it, but it was really frustrating to me since I didn't have any stutter when I was younger and it just started out of nowhere. I would have to think of another word quickly if I thought I was going to have trouble with a word. It went away several years ago and it hardly ever happens anymore.

For how long has this been happening?

7. roborama

one of my absolute best friends has this problem and what he does is just stops for a minute, regains himself and tries to talk slower. it must be working because i understand him so much more now