1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight loss and loose skin

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by wallrose, Jan 26, 2011.

1. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been losing weight, and I intend to continue doing so. I have about 20 kg to lose before I am where I want to be. It has been going well, and I'll be happy to have shed all this fat by the end of it. But I am concerned that I will have a lot of loose skin by the end of it. I don't know if age is a factor in this sort of thing, but if it is, would someone my age's skin be elastic enough to shrink back?
    Even if I have a bit of loose skin, I'll be very pleased to be thin, but it still concerns me.

2. RedState

Normally the lose skin problem effects those that have been morbidly obese and have lost a dramatic amount of weight.
    With what you have lost and being as young as you are you shouldn't have a problem with it.
    Congratulations on the weight loss.

3. KaraBulut

It's a matter of degrees and the type of skin. Stretch marks and loose skin become a problem with more weight and the longer you have the weight, the more difficult it becomes to reverse.

Since you're relatively young, there will be some retraction of the skin after you lose the weight. With men, the best way to disguise the loose skin is to build muscle underneath. Think of it as refilling the loose skin with muscle instead of fat which works very well on the legs, chest, arms and butt.

So in addition to the exercise that you're doing to eliminate fat, also do some exercises that will tone your muscle.

And congrats on your weight loss.

4. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sure I will have just a little skin that won't go back; I've been overweight most of my life, but as long as I don't look like a sugar gilder, that's good enough for me.

And the loss has been going well, might I add. I don't know if it's just in my head, but I've been noticing it everyday, little by little.
    Thanks.

5. Lightning86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to add to the good advice everyone else has posted.
    Try using Cocoa Butter, you can buy this from places like Boots or Superdrug and even supermarkets etc.

It's really good to reducing loose skin and also reduces stretch marks quite a lot.

6. roborama

congrats on the weight loss!!! and definitly being young will help with your skin, just be nice to it:slight_smile:

7. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

At your age the skin will not be a problem, it will retain its elasticity, and if not then you can use stuff like coco butter on stretch marks. And that will help tremendously. Other than that, congratulations for your success in weight loss. I can relate to that, its really hard. Just as long as its healthy.

8. ShebbsIsAwesome

yeah, I was just looking for a thread about this... I lost around 100-115 pounds in a year (I was like 290lbs and I have some loose skins D: I just want to know if there is a way to get rid of it really fast... like does doing ab stuff and using lotions and potions really help?
    Thanks!

9. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I need to do the reverse and gain weight.

10. ShebbsIsAwesome

~bump.
    I still need the answer to this question.