1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't eat

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by nintenfreak92, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Okay so lately I have had almost no appetite at all... Like I am honestly just never hungry. And if I do eat I usually get one bite and them feel like I'm going to throw up. I haven't been too fatigued or haven't had like stomach pains or anything and I noticed I have lost a lot of weight, honestly that was prolly good, but I lost almost 40 pounds since last June. I am at a healthy weight now I am about 5' 7" and weigh about 145 now but still the lack of appetite and nausea to the point of actually gagging as soon as I start eating is kind of a concern...

2. silvousplait

silvousplait Guest

How long have you been having that?

3. Since september, but the general decrease in appetite has been here since June. The sickness has only been around since September.

4. silvousplait

silvousplait Guest

Have you gone to a medical center for consultation from a doctor?

5. Eleanor Rigby

At this point I think it's definitly worth taking an appointment with your doctor so that they can check what is going on with you.

6. Well the thing is, I am in college right now and also do not have access to a car... So sadly I cannot go or afford to go to the doctor's any time soon... So I was wondering if this was something that is life threatening or if it just my body changing or something....

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Have you told your parents?
    Doesn't your college have a nurse?

8. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Lack of apetite is a sign that something is wrong with your liver which is a major part of metabolism

9. Well we have a health center on campus, but I don't have insurance and I don't exactly have the money to pay for it. But I can, if I have reasonable evidence that this could be something serious... because I don't want to go and then find out its really nothing...

10. Web to the doctors today... They feel it is nothing, they are going to do some blood work and see what that says but other than that they aren't concerned... So I guess I'm not...

11. No One

Well that's good.