1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think something is wrong with me....

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Wonderless, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Wonderless

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So recently ive been losing like 10 pounds a week. And i never eat anything cuz im not hungry at first i though it was just some random teenage thing. But within the past week ive been getting more and more depressed, does anyone know what this could be?

2. jrnewton2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, no, I have no idea what it is, but I can kinda empathize. Since this school year began, I've lost 30-40 pounds inexplicably, I started eating only once a day, and, well, sad to say the depression was kinda already there. I attributed the appetite and weight loss to the fact that I finally finished growing, and the depression I can pretty much explain. I also came out in the middle of all this (starting last November and still continuing) but I've remained pretty much the same.

So, I know that was useless, but at least you're not alone and we can both keep on truckin'. (*hug*)

3. NOTE: This is not a diagnosis. I know a little bit about psychology due to personal experience and half a bachelor's degree, so take this with a grain of salt here....

Depression is often accompanied by drastic weight loss or gain and lack of appetite, so if you are depressed in the clinical sense of the word, this is not an unusual symptom.

If you believe you have clinical depression, you should seek help. If not, then I don't know what would cause such a radical drop in appetite.

4. Eleanor Rigby

It sounds reasonable to think there is a link between the fact you've been feeling unsusaly less hungry and the fact you're feeling depressed.
    I think it would be a good idea to take an appointment with your doctor and tell them about it.
    Take care, Cécile

5. KaraBulut

It's time to see your doctor for a physical and a checkup.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Kara said. Though as thedream said, it really sounds like clinical depression...being four years into my bachelor's degree in psych, it sure as hell sounds like it.